Is there a way to connect a Switch to a tv without the dock or a capture card?

Flaire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried using a USB-C to HDMI adaptor and my TV picks up something is connected but wont display anything. Is there anything I can do or is it not possible?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There are some adapters on AliExpress, they don't look like a dock, but more like an extension cable. Don't know if it's allowed to add links to that content here though, but you can find them easily and cheap.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Just search for 'nintendo switch hdmi adapter' on Amazon.

Note that generic USB-C to HDMI adapters will not work with the Switch.
It has it's own special Displayport over USB-C kind of technology which is different than what normal PC notebooks use.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have tried using a USB-C to HDMI adaptor and my TV picks up something is connected but wont display anything. Is there anything I can do or is it not possible?
you really don't need a USB-C to HDMI adapter, you need a USB-C DP to HDMI adapter, the Switch console do not have a HDMI output, instead have a DP one, so you need an active converter, that's is Why you need a "dock" or adapter designated for the console (there are others devices using similar process).

Reactions: Flaire and x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd264w_qMWA +1