Gaming Is there a way to transfer Minecraft world from PS3 to PS4 via USB?

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
I am unable to take my PS3 online, but I would like to transfer my PS3 Minecraft save to PS4. Is there any way to do this? I found programs that can convert map regions, but isn't there some converter to turn the PS3 map into a PS4 map?

Also: I would think that such a third party converter would be preferred anyway. If you transfer properly the map won't expand to a larger size (like it would on Xbox One), but the seed is what generates the larger map anyway, so I would think that if I were to generate a map of the same seed on PS4 a program should be able to take the smaller map and layer it over the larger PS4 map without any problems.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I'm aware, the only way to do this is by uploading the save from Minecraft on the PS3, and then redownloading that map from Minecraft on the PS4. I don't know if this does anything extra to the map, but that's the only way to move the data that I know of.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Likely not. We don't know anything about the PS4 on that level yet, so we can't exactly decrypt or encrypt saves properly for any kind of editing.

So you can just resize your world on the PS4 version. It took very little Googling. I'm surprised you didn't find this info:

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
hmm. Well, how easy is it to transfer PS3 world data to another user? My PS3 doesn't go online, and my PS4 has a different profile, but could I add my PS4 profile to PS3 (PSN name), load my PS3 world save to this new profile, and then use the server upload feature from there?

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm assuming Minecraft is cross buy (ie: if you buy the PS4 version, you can also download PS3 and Vita). If that is the case, then all you'll need to do is make the new user, log in to PSN, download Minecraft, copy the save from the other user via the on system save data utility (just go to the save data, copy, select user), then upload that save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hi