Android Is there an Android App store that accepts Paypal ??

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK - just a quick question

I've been using several free (ad-supported) Android apps & there's a couple I'd like to pay for ... (I do like to support developers you see
wink.gif
)

... the problem is that Googles 'Android market' doesn't accept Paypal & you can only purchase using 'Google Checkout' (unless some1 knows any differently). The thing is I don't want to sign up to (yet another) payment account & hand out my credit card details.

So I've been looking at other sites that do Android apps & also allow Paypal

I have an account with Amazon & they do a 'Android App store' but that's only for the USA (& since I live in the UK I don't want to set up a 'fake' USA address etc)

Further Googling & I've come across 'Androidpit.com' & they do accept Paypal it seems, but never heard of them so how trustworthy are they ?? (also it seems that some of their apps are slightly out of date anyway)

Has any1 used 'Androidpit.com' &/or can anyone suggest other trusted Android App stores that accept Paypal ??

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I've never heard of Android Pit before, so I'm not sure about it. If you're looking for an alternative option to avoiding ads, you could always root and install AdFree from the Market for free. But you seem to want to pay the developers...

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just sign up for google checkout, i'm telling you it will be handy for much more in the future, google is becoming a consumer company, they've started with movie rentals and apps, they will only expand

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
CarbonX13 said:
I've never heard of Android Pit before, so I'm not sure about it. If you're looking for an alternative option to avoiding ads, you could always root and install AdFree from the Market for free. But you seem to want to pay the developers...
I've already got a root (Excluding 'S-Off' though) using Visionary+ & installed Adfree anyway (I've also got Droidwall installed to prevent them connecting inn the first place)... but as you guessed - I DO like to support developers.

Afterall some of these developers are 'back room boys' hoping to make a little money from all their hard work

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Google Checkout should be at least as secure as PayPal in terms of potential to get your credit card information stolen.

They had a deal with PayPal going for Android Market payments but that fell through because Google stole an employee from them.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
coolbho3000 said:
Google Checkout should be at least as secure as PayPal in terms of potential to get your credit card information stolen.Well the one main reason that I didn't want to have a Google Checkout (as well as Paypal) was mainly so that ALL my internet buying/spending records were in just one place for easy reference - not so much as how secure it was.

QUOTEThey had a deal with PayPal going for Android Market payments but that fell through because Google stole an employee from them.
Yep - I read that there was going to be a deal - but never saw an article about Google stealing an employee was the cause of it falling through...

Dam - can't they just forgive & forget ??. One small mistake & now everyone else is suffering

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
They had a huge trade secrets lawsuit prepared for Google's NFC payments announcement and I think filed it the same day it was announced.

There are no really "big" alternative app markets that support PayPal - I don't think Amazon does. I still update SetCPU on SlideME to support all the customers have bought from there, but I get maybe one or two purchases a week max there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT