Gaming Is there an English translation of Gal*Gun?

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the original Japanese game (disc backup) on my CFW PS3. Is there an English patch or a patched EBOOT.BIN I can use? Also, subtitles would be nice as the cutscenes don’t even have them, only audio. (Maybe there are subtitles, I just haven’t found how to enable them because I can’t read Japanese).

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you're joking Alex4nder001, right ?
you play Gal gun for the story ??
hum hum...
What do you mean “you play gal gun for the story”?

The story is irrelevant. I just can’t read Japanese, therefore I can’t navigate the menus and I find it very difficult to progress through the game. I’m hardly able to play because I don’t know how. I get it - you shoot at schoolgirl’s sensitive areas with some kind of fancy love weapon. But when you’ve been shooting for a minute straight and nothing has happened...

Apparently there’s an Underwater mode ;) which I can’t play probably because I haven’t unlocked it.

Last edited by Alex4nder001,

loveShmups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I call this kind of games.. pervert games.. no offence.
I never truly understand Japanese male and their behaviour (if there are those kind of games.. there is obviously a market ..).
The pedo bear is not very far....

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer OP Question, no such translation exist, that is the only game in the series not to be translated or localized outside Japan till this day. Maybe seek someone who knows Japanese or a guide on how to get started. Usually someone writes such things. :ninja:

Now to clear up somethings.
First of all, it has a genre, is called rail shooter, much like house of the dead or sin and punishment. :blink:

Second, it's a special gun that shoots Pheromone shots, giving the girls instant ecstasy so they will leave you alone. :ninja:

Third, there is more "perverted" Games out there, like dead or alive, senran kagura or Valkyrie drive where you actually get to look at the character model from different angles, dress them up and take pictures of them to share with people. Sure in this game you do get costumes to put them in, but no where near as skimpy or revealing as senran kagura or dead or alive, those are considered gavure and the actress in them called "Gravure idols."

This game has a story that is simply supposed to be amusing, it's intentional "Tongue and Cheek Humor" that make reference to pop culture or is over the top. It's not supposed to be taken seriously. It's a honest game, it doesn't make excuses as to why the characters interact the way they do. No one invited them to a island on vacation to populate the area with attractive women with alternative motive. (Dead or alive extreme) No one is transforming into combat weapons from ecstasy to cure a virus (Valkyrie drive) It's a rail shooter that doesn't have dark, depressing, and serious tones.

I get that perhaps fan service will always be controversial, but the fact that rail shooter genre of games on modern systems are lacking about as much as volley ball games (yeah Dead or alive extreme may just be the only one) some are willing to look past the that part of the game and just enjoy the game for what it is.

Reactions: andreiagmu

Shady1k0n0bi3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To answer OP Question, no such translation exist, that is the only game in the series not to be translated or localized outside Japan till this day. Maybe seek someone who knows Japanese or a guide on how to get started. Usually someone writes such things. :ninja:

Now to clear up somethings.
First of all, it has a genre, is called rail shooter, much like house of the dead or sin and punishment. :blink:

Second, it's a special gun that shoots Pheromone shots, giving the girls instant ecstasy so they will leave you alone. :ninja:

Third, there is more "perverted" Games out there, like dead or alive, senran kagura or Valkyrie drive where you actually get to look at the character model from different angles, dress them up and take pictures of them to share with people. Sure in this game you do get costumes to put them in, but no where near as skimpy or revealing as senran kagura or dead or alive, those are considered gavure and the actress in them called "Gravure idols."

This game has a story that is simply supposed to be amusing, it's intentional "Tongue and Cheek Humor" that make reference to pop culture or is over the top. It's not supposed to be taken seriously. It's a honest game, it doesn't make excuses as to why the characters interact the way they do. No one invited them to a island on vacation to populate the area with attractive women with alternative motive. (Dead or alive extreme) No one is transforming into combat weapons from ecstasy to cure a virus (Valkyrie drive) It's a rail shooter that doesn't have dark, depressing, and serious tones.

I get that perhaps fan service will always be controversial, but the fact that rail shooter genre of games on modern systems are lacking about as much as volley ball games (yeah Dead or alive extreme may just be the only one) some are willing to look past the that part of the game and just enjoy the game for what it is.
Use google lens or something like that with your phone and it will translate the menus and everything else it's just a bit of a pain but at least u will know how to navigate and what not

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto