Hacking Question Is there any virtual lan programs that work with switch lan party

guyman70718

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for something that would basically have an Ethernet cable's data to be sent over the internet to someone else. Basically lan party over internet.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you looked into a VPN (No, not the glorified proxy :P)? If you get a TRUE VPN, you could set your router up to connect to your VPN and have your friends connect to it through their routers too and you won't even need ethernet! You would have to order one of Amazon's S3 web service servers to set one up so, it's a lengthy process.

guyman70718

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you looked into a VPN (No, not the glorified proxy :P)? If you get a TRUE VPN, you could set your router up to connect to your VPN and have your friends connect to it through their routers too and you won't even need ethernet! You would have to order one of Amazon's S3 web service servers to set one up so, it's a lengthy process.
Would that work? It's supposed to be two switches on one router/directly connected

asialsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always connect a pc directly to your router, install hamachi, and "allow other devices to connect to the internet through this PC."

Anyone with the same setup connected to the same hamachi server would be detected as being on the same LAN. Note that this doesn't work for a simple p2p connection. I haven't used the multiplayer functions yet, so I can't tell you whether or not it even uses wifi for that.

TL;DR
Maybe?

guyman70718

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always connect a pc directly to your router, install hamachi, and "allow other devices to connect to the internet through this PC."

Anyone with the same setup connected to the same hamachi server would be detected as being on the same LAN. Note that this doesn't work for a simple p2p connection. I haven't used the multiplayer functions yet, so I can't tell you whether or not it even uses wifi for that.

TL;DR
Maybe?
That does not work I had the same idea

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Zynthrodak @ Zynthrodak: What type of screws are inside it?