Hacking Is there any way to Backup Game Save Data on a lower Firmware with TNV?

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to delete some games I downloaded from the PS Store before but now that I have TNV, I don't want to update. So is there any alternative to backup my save data just in case I want to reget the game?

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it's easy, just backup the whole Vita game to a PC/Mac, it stores the savedata along with it as I found when moving Persona 4 to another Vita on my PSN account the other day. Or you could do a full memory card backup to PC/Mac or PS3, will take longer though. Then if/when you restore the game you'll have all the saves as well. You will need to use qCMA on PC/Mac if you're on a previous firmware.

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah it's easy, just backup the whole Vita game to a PC/Mac, it stores the savedata along with it as I found when moving Persona 4 to another Vita on my PSN account the other day. Or you could do a full memory card backup to PC/Mac or PS3, will take longer though. Then if/when you restore the game you'll have all the saves as well. You will need to use qCMA on PC/Mac if you're on a previous firmware.
I don't get how I could do it. How exactly do I even use QCMA? Like I plug my vita in and put it on and then I right click the icon in the system tray to get to backup manager but then what? My Vita wlays says it has to update when i connect to my PC and go to content manager.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Turn off wifi on your vita, restart it then connect through USB.

Once backed up, you can backup/erase portions of a game like its updates or savedata. They're in separate folders.

Last edited by Duo8,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...