Hacking is there still no safe way to update games on sx os?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@x7l7j8cc can we block ALL connections, apart from those update urls, and updating games will work?

Or is it best to allow all connections, but block Nintendo, apart from the update urls?

x7l7j8cc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@x7l7j8cc can we block ALL connections, apart from those update urls, and updating games will work?

Or is it best to allow all connections, but block Nintendo, apart from the update urls?

@cearp its the exact thing the url is doing with the configuration i give...
Block all Server except for the Games Updates Servers and Connection Test one (otherwise the connection doesnt connect at all).

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@x7l7j8cc can we block ALL connections, apart from those update urls, and updating games will work? Like only allow
Block all Server except for the Games Updates Servers and Connection Test one (otherwise the connection doesnt connect at all).
ok sorry :)
i thought your method allowed all internet, but blocked all nintendo connections (apart form updates + connection test)
but thanks, now i understand that it blocks all internet, apart from updates + connection test.

thanks for the urls!

Deleted member 129634

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS loads XCI as a real cartridge. The icon and savedata will remain on homemenu. Boot to OFW without any mod/ autorcm and perform update your chosen games as usual.
Well, he asked if there's a safe way to do it, we have no idea if this is safe, no one knows what stuff nintendo logs while on sx os and if this persists or not when booting back to OFW

x7l7j8cc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@x7l7j8cc can we block ALL connections, apart from those update urls, and updating games will work? Like only allow

ok sorry :)
i thought your method allowed all internet, but blocked all nintendo connections (apart form updates + connection test)
but thanks, now i understand that it blocks all internet, apart from updates + connection test.

thanks for the urls!

@cearp just follow the instruction on my first post.

Reactions: cearp

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
is it possible to download game updates alone with 4.1 firmware doing this or it will ask to update firm anyway first?

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is it possible to download game updates alone with 4.1 firmware doing this or it will ask to update firm anyway first?
You will have to update first. Maybe we will get an update installer homebrew so you can install updates offline so you do not need to update

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Which Servers are for Online-Play? Since I want play Splatoon 2?

But I guess we have to be careful, since everytime a Connection fail you create a Error log we need to whipe. Otherwise they just see (if we ever go online) that we get Error logs by blocking stuff.
Can't we just block the Log Server? So we can use E-Shop etc.

I am more scared about the Log Server then any else :D

revamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just save to a txt file, then:
-> Open CCProxy
-> Goto Account->Web Filter> Configure like this:
Site Filter [Forbidden Sites] , then click on the 3 dots and browse/open the txt file where you save this. leave anything else unchecked, and give a filter name "switch noonline" , click Save then OK.
-> Add a New user:
user name "switch cfw" , by MAC and input the mac address of the switch wifi without :, enabled "web filter" and select the one you created before. click Save then OK.
-> On the Account Screen, just click OK.
-> Start CCProxy.
-> Goto the Switch , edit or add your connection, and add the proxy settings, IP (your computer IP) and the Port (normally 8080, i setted to 8888).
-> Save and try to connect. The connection test will pass, but the Block list which you can Monitor by clicking the Monitor button on CCProxy after "Account-Register buttons" will block everything except the Update Game Servers.
Somehow, it's not working for me. I got communication with the server timed out all the time, already double checked the block setting and it's not blocking the internet checker server

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Safest way? Make personal dumps of your game and dont share them. That was my one gripe with Nintendo.
Buying physical means no digital copy. That is fixed now for me and thats awesome because I am a collector that likes comfort as well but refuses to have to pay double.

Is it then 100% safe way? No, but then you should just not tamper with the system. You want safe? Then stay safe and be legit.
I have made dumps of my original games (this also includes some imports), I have also played homebrew, I have also updated a game from cfw, I have downloaded (bought) games from eshop on cfw.

And that all did not add up to a ban.

MitsukiUchiwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
SX OS loads XCI as a real cartridge. The icon and savedata will remain on homemenu. Boot to OFW without any mod/ autorcm and perform update your chosen games as usual.

I got banned today with this method.
I don't really care because I knew what could happen, but this method isn't safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hi