Is there?

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking of which, I only use ftp for small files. I have a n3ds xl too, so I have to use a screwdriver to take off the back plate every time for something larger than a few MBs.
Honestly it's not that awful, you can get to like 900kb~1mb/s (max) download speed through ftp, averaging around 600~700kbs. VC files can dl'ed fast, even for cias that're less than 1GB. If it's something larger than 2GB or more, it will take some time, add it to the time it'd take to install the cia with FBI.. You can skip both and just install those with custom-install on your pc instead imo.
Sure, but it takes like 2 minutes to install it.
Funny, for some reason i could never get SMB1/micro sd management to work with my laptop. Good thing ftpd works just as good.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just continue to take out the sd card. there's not really anything else I'd like to install anyway, but I did put a newer build of ftpd on my system just now. it's a cia version this time.

Reactions: CoolMe

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, on an older laptop running windows 10, I had noticed that usb connection with vita and qcma no longer worked after enabling smb 1.0, which makes no sense. what makes even less sense is that it still didn't work afterwards. I tested my vita, with possibly one of the best cables I've ever seen for qcma, and I had no problems with or without smb 1.0, so it must've been a coincidence, because flashing the disk image back then made it work again. weird.

Reactions: CoolMe

jbiscuit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
maybe, but that's the reason it's disabled by default. they're up to smb 3.0, I think. the ps3 and the 360 also use smb 1.0 to map them as a network drive, so it no longer works without it enabled. you can map them as a network folder though, so it will be like dev_hdd0/packages , dev_hdd0/PS3ISO , etc as separate drives connected, but I don't think the 3DS can even do that, and even if it could, it would be a mess not to have access to the whole sd card, just folders in it. it won't be the whole drive.
I do have access to the entire SD card using the SMB1.0 / in-built SD card management method. Here is the guide I followed:

I do appreciate what you're saying about SMB1.0 in general though. I've also read it has security issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...