PS1/2 Is this DVD-R good for the PS2?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Verbatim is a good brand and -R is the type you want. Make sure the ISOs are ESR-patched before burning. Dual-layer (DVD-9) discs are larger than 4.7GB, so you will have to convert them to a smaller size or find an already edited ISO for the game to fit.

Reactions: Alexander1970

BigMane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

BigMane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
so newer verbatim discs work? i just dont wanna buy 100 that is for sale rn and then they don't end up working

also this is the dvd drive i use for burning
PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16AES

Last edited by BigMane,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
so newer verbatim discs work? i just dont wanna buy 100 that is for sale rn and then they don't end up working

also this is the dvd drive i use for burning
PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16AES

Verbatim is still at his "high" quality Standard.:)
And for your "burning" if your DVD-RW Drive is capable please use 4x burning Speed.Also for that your PlayStation will be grateful.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: micp

BigMane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
38418-1-5.jpg

I got these, hopefully they will work!

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Pence I bought 100 pack of those disks from Amazon last year and they work. But you want to look into the IDE Hard Drive to preserve your laser down the road your laser will die on you. The PS2 system is like 20 years old

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: zfreeman

BigMane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
SATA or IDE drive? I actually do have the official network adapter. Only thing missing is the adapter and a IDE hdd

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Be careful.
As far as i know, there isn't genuine SATA network adapter, only third party. I use to play with one of those SATA adapter, and i had some issues with games, like Ico that could randomly freeze.
Once i switched for the SD solution (that uses a real SONY IDE adapter), i never had this problem anymore.

EDIT : then, you have that last solution :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PS2NetBox-...2-7xxxx9xxxx-Video-game-console-/173363571495
No need for dedicated soft (and stuff) to install games

Last edited by MockyLock,

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
How would you format the hard drive and install the image if you cant connect it to the PC?

In my experience, you need to connect the hard drive to the PC in order to format it and install the FHDB image.

IDE is an old port so your PC most likely won't have it. So you will in fact need a SATA IDE adapter.

The ps2 network adapter only allows the ps2 to recognize the hard drive and its not really relevant unless you wanna do network shit.

You do not need any fancy gizmos in order to have a very nice modded hard drive for your ps2. Seeing as you already have the hard drive It shouldn't cost you more than 10-20 USD for the rest of the things necessary.

However, if you want to get a SATA hard drive (which I would recommend since they are newer, faster, and in many cases more reliable) there is a site that has a list of compatible hard drives. (https://ps2drives.x-pec.com/?p=list)

Last edited by TunaKetchup,
Reactions: micp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Those are monitor lizards you dunce.