Homebrew Is transfer between systems and backup feasible?

Yemeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After modding several of my systems I have finally come around to the PS4. And... I can't do it because the firmware was updated when I installed Horizon: Forbidden West.

So now I have a 2nd PS4 that I've been using to make backups of my games. Except my other one has some games on it that I don't have discs for. Apparently Devil May Cry 4 was download only unless you got it imported. Then there's bonus stuff like a God of War digital comic.

The backup method I've been using is to go into Homebrew channel and use an option there to dump a game while it's suspended.

So I'm posed with 2 problems.
Can I copy the game from the higher firmware system to the lower firmware system?
Can I get the game to run so the backup will be performed?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After modding several of my systems I have finally come around to the PS4. And... I can't do it because the firmware was updated when I installed Horizon: Forbidden West.

So now I have a 2nd PS4 that I've been using to make backups of my games. Except my other one has some games on it that I don't have discs for. Apparently Devil May Cry 4 was download only unless you got it imported. Then there's bonus stuff like a God of War digital comic.

The backup method I've been using is to go into Homebrew channel and use an option there to dump a game while it's suspended.

So I'm posed with 2 problems.
Can I copy the game from the higher firmware system to the lower firmware system?
Can I get the game to run so the backup will be performed?
You can get games from one ps4 to another if you use an external hdd. However, the destination system must be updated unless its exploited. As for the game running, no. Can't even back it up, since it's not bootable.

Yemeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So transferring is possible, but running the game is not. This prevents me from running the Homebrew Store Game Dump.
I saw there's a PS4-PKG-Backup tool that doesn't require the game to run. Might that work?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So transferring is possible, but running the game is not. This prevents me from running the Homebrew Store Game Dump.
I saw there's a PS4-PKG-Backup tool that doesn't require the game to run. Might that work?
you don't need the game to run to back up the pkg. the fpkg is identical on the system to the one that you installed to begin with, so just copy over those if you have to.

Yemeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure I follow what you mean. Transferring the game will not make it bookable. But installing the game from fpkg will make it bootable. So I need to make an fpkg. So I need to dump it to make the fpkg. Is this right?

Or is there a way of making an fpkg that doesn't involve dumping it first?

Yemeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was this an fpkg to begin with?
No. As described in the first post I have games installed on one system that is a higher firmware and can't be jailbroken.
I want to copy them to USB, then onto a system with lower firmware that is jailbroken.
I then want to use the 2nd system to create the fpkg.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1