Gaming Issues with Skyward Sword In USB loader CFB

kyomagi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help, i think it may have been the wii, but i could be wrong, i got another comp cable and same results. Im selling my wii and just using dolphin. thanks again

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm also running the game on 249, and with CGF USB Loader v70, and I've noticed some occasional white artifacts in the display, particularly against dark backgrounds. I don't think this is the TV. They're just little white dots or sometimes vertically aligned rectangles, tiny but noticable. They're just flashes, but like I said against a dark background there can be a number of them at any given moment. I get the same (undesirable) effect if I run the game on 250, and the colors appear slightly washed out compared to 249. It's not enough to disturb my enjoyment of the game, but I'm sure they shouldn't be there (unless everyone's seeing this).

So, you're not alone.

kyomagi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well seeing as my wiis graphics suck on every 1080p tv in the house. and i actually run dolphin great, i have a high end pc. nothing beats zelda SS in 1080p

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK problems still. better cables (nyko) same graphical issues. ZERO improvment
That's probably because you got nyko cables. Third party cables suck.

I have Nyko ones.. and it's very good on my toshiba regza hd tv!!!! may not be compatible.. I don't know.. but The nintendo ones didn't show any difference on my tv...

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well seeing as my wiis graphics suck on every 1080p tv in the house. and i actually run dolphin great, i have a high end pc. nothing beats zelda SS in 1080p
I also have the issue with the stripes when i play SS the same as with WW on my hd ready tv. This i haven't noticed with other games so it seems to me that it is an cel-shading issue. Furthermore, the higher the res, the clearer i can see the stripes, have you any info on this when playing it on a dolphin rendered to 1080p?

I got gamestop cables, they suck as well. My Nintendo ones were great, but they're slaved to the back of the tv in the living room and there is no way in hell I am pulling the tv out (it's a giant crt tv... heavy as all hell)
Then pull your wii out!

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to show the wii in native 480i and tell the tv not to up scale?
You can switch between 480p and 480i under resolution in your Wii settings menu.

You might not want to play this game in dolphin, it looks terrible in hi res!
irY2U23qBZY7m.png

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to show the wii in native 480i and tell the tv not to up scale?
You can switch between 480p and 480i under resolution in your Wii settings menu.

You might not want to play this game in dolphin, it looks terrible in hi res!
irY2U23qBZY7m.png
Was that sarcasm? It looks much better in Dolphin than on a Wii.

kyomagi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ouch you got some messed up settings, im running the game in full 1080p and it looks no where near as bad as that

Roman_42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
480p is of course the best option for the Wii, but it won't help a lot with Zelda. The problem is, that they seem to have chosen to disable the anti aliasing in a lot of places.

Arc07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda off topic but can anyone make a loader channel (USB Loader GX) for this? I have one for TP and I'd like one for this as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk