Hacking I've been out of the loop for a while. fill me in on whats new

gemcreature

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I was really into finding new things for my old r4 i discovered dsision2, which I felt was amazing because I hated the original firmware its suppose to run. Dssision2 had its flaws but ultimately I really enjoyed a different menu system running on my outdated flash cart. I remember reading that there was another file similar to that of disision2 that was possibly even better, and was wondering if something similar did indeed exist. Know of anything like this? Secondly all of my homebrew is about a year old, is there something new and exciting out there for my ds. (game/app) The last thing I remember installing that blew my mind was win2ds even though it was rather slow either due to my computer/my wifi connection/ the program itself. Emulators are a plus, last working ones on my cart were for the nes, snes, and gen, which worked really well. Has there been a breakthrough in anything moving further as in towards consoles after that? Thanks in advance, for any information regarding any of these topics, would like to get back into the homebrew scene. Although I never found this forum's users to be friendly/informative before so I do appreciate the help.

P.S. this Pandora hand held has also peeked my interest, anyone currently enjoying it? Have any information on this? (pros/cons)

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah i think your looking for DSsision3 commonaly called DScovered
It gives a fresh new outlook on your menu by turning it to a coverflow system similar to that on a Ipod
smile.gif

Here you go for the thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=193529&hl= You can ask the develpor if you have any questions (spinalcord is the developer)

There might be some new updates for your emulators but i think it's still snes nes Gen etc nothing too exciting on that front

I don't know if you have this homebrew game but it's called 'World of Sand' and it's really fun and is a really good time killer

Ask me if you need anything else

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gemcreature said:
While I was really into finding new things for my old r4 i discovered dsision2, which I felt was amazing because I hated the original firmware its suppose to run. Dssision2 had its flaws but ultimately I really enjoyed a different menu system running on my outdated flash cart.
Do you have an original/official/1:1 R4, or a clone? There's a Homebrew out now called DSCovered (previously called Coverflow DS?) that is really awesome, and can be used on an original R4 with Wood R4 firmware which is a full featured replacement for the original firmware. Wood R4 on its own is pretty awesome, it has an Acekard style interface and uses Acekard 2 skins.

QUOTE(gemcreature @ Jun 5 2010, 11:20 PM) Has there been a breakthrough in anything moving further as in towards consoles after that?
A couple of more recent flashcarts - iPlayer (which won't play commercial NDS ROMs) and the very new Supercard DSTwo - have additional hardware with which support for GBA emulation comes into play. The Supercard team is expected to release a (presumably full-speed, or simulated full-speed with frameskip) SNES emulator for the DSTwo soon, as well.
As far as Console/Emulation related Homebrew that will run on original R4 with Wood R4, there's probably more information on the NDS Homebrew forum.

As far as the Pandora handheld goes, I've seen some interesting videos, but you can get a (more powerful) Netbook & a USB XBOX 360 controller for the same price, and do even more. They do have an official forum if you have any trouble finding the videos on Youtube. The only thing for me is, I don't know if I could emulate Playstation (v1) closer to full-speed graphics and sound on the Pandora or on the Netbook running Win7 Starter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Jd9ka6fTZUw