Japanese 3DS Mail-in Flashing Services Recommendations?

MeteoXavier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. Looking for recommendations current to August 2022 (as emulation subjects online are notorious for bringing up old, outdated, no-longer-in-service stuff when searching around) for who I can pay to flash/install CFW to a Japanese original model 3DS. Primary purpose is to be able to play American 3DS games on it (retail cart and Sky3DS), American eShop games, and use cheat codes to cut down time in RPGs since I'm not young anymore. I just play single player games, I don't do online or social gaming with the 3DS.

I'm not interested in trying to install CFW myself. I've done that for systems in the past with some success, but I just don't have the energy to try that headache with the 3DS these days. It would be a hell of a lot better and easier on my end to just pay someone to do it and ship it.

I think that's all the pertinent information I have for my inquiry there. Who do you recommend for these services? Self-advertising in this thread is fine, but I'm looking for recommended service providers specifically to cut down the chances that I won't get my 3DS console back.

Thank you!

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but I just don't have the energy to try that headache with the 3DS these days.
Installing cfw is not that hard, you can do it in a half hour (or less). You just need an sd card, and an amount focus to follow directions.. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It's a way less of a headache than to send it to someone from wherever then getting it back..

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Installing cfw is not that hard, you can do it in a half hour (or less). You just need an sd card, and an amount focus to follow directions.. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It's a way less of a headache than to send it to someone from wherever then getting it back..

this ^

and this guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/ read it a few times if you have any problems/questions ask here.

i love modding/hacking consoles its very therapeutic for the mind.

MeteoXavier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not interested in doing it myself, it would work better for me to send it to someone and pay them to do it. That's all there is to it.

Now if you have any reputable people you can recommend for that service or if you provide those services, I would be interested to hear them, please.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not interested in doing it myself, it would work better for me to send it to someone and pay them to do it. That's all there is to it.

Now if you have any reputable people you can recommend for that service or if you provide those services, I would be interested to hear them, please.
So. Are you going to be bothered when a payload or something needs updating? Or are you just going to send it back and whine here?

Reactions: CoolMe

MeteoXavier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So. Are you going to be bothered when a payload or something needs updating? Or are you just going to send it back and whine here?

I'll just PM you personally to whine about it. Every day for a week.

Welp, this thread is not going like I hoped it would, so I'm going to scrap the whole thing. Thanks anyway, I guess.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At this point. If you have the money to be shipping that console around the world. You may as well just be buying the games yourself instead of being bothered to hack the console. Which, a hacked console is something you shouldnt even have with your mindset on the matter.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
as emulation subjects online are notorious for bringing up old, outdated, no-longer-in-service stuff when searching around
That is certainly true, but https://3ds.guide really is quite definitive.

It would be a hell of a lot better and easier on my end to just pay someone to do it and ship it.
It honestly wouldn't, considering that shipping and online payments come with their own headaches.

And besides, as already mentioned, if someone else does it for you, that will only leave you with problems if, say, something happens to your SD card.

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you really don't want to do it yourself, try searching on Facebook Marketplace near you I guess, best bet.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'll just PM you personally to whine about it. Every day for a week.

Welp, this thread is not going like I hoped it would, so I'm going to scrap the whole thing. Thanks anyway, I guess.
Honestly, that was actually a good question. If you don't mod it yourself, what are you going to do when the mod needs to be updated?

But anyway, to actually answer you and give you what you want:
I found these three services. I have no idea if you can actually trust them, though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154314581393 - 65 Dollars plus shipping
https://www.pencepc.com/consoles/p/3ds-mod-service - 100 dollars shipping apparently included?
https://www.spaceboundgames.com/product/nintendo-3ds-and-2ds-mod-service/ - 40 dollars plus shipping

As you can see, they are so expensive that it's basically a ripoff. As stated previously, it takes like 20 minutes to do it yourself (30 if you don't know what you are doing), so I legit don't understand how they could be charging this much money. If I were to offer such a service, I would ask for like 10 dollars plus shipping.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: https://metalgear.fandom.com/wiki/Metal_Gear +1