Homebrew jEnesis DS problem

Bmcs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i have a question (more of a problem) about the emulator jEnesis DS.

It's a great emulator, but it has a problem, when i play "Altered Beast" in it, the screen becomes to big to fit the screen. I can move the view with L and R, but i don´t want that, i want to see the image fit to screen. I already tried to see if there's any option to fix that, but there isn't.

Is there any way to fix this or any other Genesis emulator out there that show the image fit to screen? Any other than PicoDriveDS, because this emulator sucks....
mad.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In short.... No.

Scaling is, for lack of a better word, stupid in jEnesisDS.
It's normal size is a bit bigger than the DS screen... and rather than natively scaling the whole thing to fit 256x192 (Which is 4:3!!!) They only allow you to scale vertically and scroll left/right.
And the vertical scaling is more like skipping lines of pixels than what you would normally imagine scaling to be.

It's a shame that the best SNES and Genesis DS emulators (SNEmulDS and jEnesisDS respectively) are so close to being perfect (not compatibility, but functionality), but have such glaring flaws.

Bmcs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You're right, those emulators are definitely the best. It's a shame that this problem can't be solved, because i love that game (Altered Beast), but it just becomes unplayable due to that flaw in the emulator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land