JenesisDS pausing and unpausing game

Muthas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I recently got myself a flash card and it came with emulators already installed, one of those was Jenesisds the problem is that when I start a game it starts to pause and pause repeatedly without me touching the screen, this is a problem for every game I try to play except for Castlevania Bloodlines.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I never used that emulator, and the last time I had access to NDS homebrew was 2012.

But try deleting all configuration related files from the SD and check again.

Also, be sure to check the in-emulator settings and see if something like "slow mode" is active.

If possible, delete the emulator and all related files and "update" to latest, which according to this site is version 0.7.4.

PS: You can download the emulator from that sute if you're unable to find it elsewhere. In order to download from that site you must register.
Use a 10 minute mail, or PM me and ask for my Login info.

EDIT: BEFORE YOU DO SOMETHING ELSE, MAKE A COPY OF YOUR KERNEL AND SAVE IT SOMEWHERE.

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You should tell us what flashcart it is. As Juan already rightly said, you should delete (after backing up) that emulator and copy the latest version. jEnesisDS pauses every time you tap the touch screen, so there could also be a flaw with that: does the touch screen by any chance give you problems with other nds games?

Muthas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You should tell us what flashcart it is. As Juan already rightly said, you should delete (after backing up) that emulator and copy the latest version. jEnesisDS pauses every time you tap the touch screen, so there could also be a flaw with that: does the touch screen by any chance give you problems with other nds games?
Its an R4 SDHC gold 2022 but its not the original i got the kernel from here ww.r4isdhc.
com.cn, the touch screen is fine as it doesnt gives me problems with anything else, it's just with jenesisds especially with sunset riders some games work for like a minute but sunset riders always has this problem from the start. Unfortunately my pc power supply got damaged so I won't be able to try your suggestion right away but once I get my new psu I will give them a try.

Reactions: Nikokaro

DC2-CJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently got myself a flash card and it came with emulators already installed, one of those was Jenesisds the problem is that when I start a game it starts to pause and pause repeatedly without me touching the screen, this is a problem for every game I try to play except for Castlevania Bloodlines.
What version are you running of jenesisDS, I'm currently using the latest jenesisDS 0.7.4 but save states don't work and I've read online to use jenesisDS 0.6, which annoyingly I cannot find anywhere to try :-(
Post automatically merged:

@Muthas , did you notice that if you tap with the stylus on the joypad at the top of touch screen a list of options appears? Try changing them one by one and notice if the problem is solved. 😉
Hi no sure if you can help but in jenesisDS 0.7.4 save states crash, it says saving don't switch off etc but nothing happens

Is this something you've experienced as I have tried all settings in the emulator avail and cannot find an answer anywhere :-(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch