Tutorial  Updated

Joy Con Mod - Eject Button as Switch for RCM

Looking for Joy Con mod to be perfect without damaging Joy Con's appearance and activating
RCM mode without having to use the Metal Clip, I decided to make one that was PERFECT, and I decided
to share with you, so that they too can do their best and their way.

Necessary materials:
SMD TACT SWITCH 0.6mm
AWG32 Wires
Welding with tin
Soldering iron with temperature control set to 200 ° C
And be very good at dealing with soldering iron and be very careful.

Just follow the photos and do as the pictures show.

If you want to buy SMD TACT SWITCH 0.6mm, follow the link:
ICSTACK

* SMD TACT SWITCH 0.6 mm as shown with green color circle, number 2 in the image in the last figure of this tutorial. *

Credits for:
TheCyberQuake
Because I was inspired by their project that he created and so I decided to use his project to make it more practical and accessible to everyone.
https://gbatemp.net/members/thecyberquake.357234/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fg-joycon-mod-magnethax-switch-edition.502459/

STEP 1: Turn the SMD TACT SWITCH button under the eject until!
001.jpg

STEP 2: SMD TACT SWITCH Welding on Pins 10 and 1
002.jpg

STEP 3: Be careful not to break the ends of the wires as they are fragile.
003.jpg

STEP 4: Pins 10 and 1
004.jpg

STEP 5: Do not pick up the soldering iron over the dots as this can damage the soldering point.
005.jpg

STEP 6: Insert SMD TACT SWITCH under the EJECT button until it snaps into place.
If it does not fit under the EJECT button, cut one of its edges to be perfect then
use SUPER GLUE Like SUPER BONDER or any glue based on "cyanoacrylate" to fix the button in place.

006.jpg

STEP 7: Positioning the SMD TACT SWITCH
007.jpg

STEP 8: Solder point on SMD TACT SWITCH
008.jpg

STEP 9: And this is the SMD TACT SWITCH 0.6mm twice as thin as a credit card.
009.jpg

And to use is it just press the sequence at all in same time for just 1 second when you Nintendo Switch is Powered Off.
"EJECT + VOLUME (+) + POWER BUTTON

AND SEE HOW IT WAS AT LAST, TOTALLY INVISIBLE.
091.jpg
092.jpg
093.jpg
094.jpg
095.jpg
096.jpg

You can purchase this SMD TACT SWITCH that serves very well for the project, as shown in figure 2 below.

00099.jpg

CREDITS FOR MYSELF
34669164_10216866821885996_7141915565341278208_o.jpg

Thanks you everybody ;)

Last edited by xstationbr,

ChuckIt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Works great! I just cut up and old ethernet cable for wiring and ordered the switches off Mouser.

Mfr. Part #
TL3780AF160QG
Mouser Part #
612-TL3780AF160QG

Reactions: fatherjack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, show that distro to @The Catboy or @ZenIsFluffy or to any other furry here
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only Xbox I don't have is the OG, and One X model specifically, I regret giving my chipped OG model to one of my kids years ago, after later hearing he sold it to pawn shop, damn kids!
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, You shouldn't raise Fortnite gamers.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have they own kids now that will pay them back for all the things they did to me, that's how it works, Karma.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell their kids about pawn shops
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol I still got mw2 open beta on this ps4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just recently picked up a n64 from a garage sell, and looking to mod it and add a HDMI port to it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3548173115...044&customid=4f3038da73b61afddf7e5e90f4153856
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game system I want, and will switch to that hdmi, and power on that plug/power supply only, so don't have all game systems powered all the time, but can't find anything like. May just have to make something myself.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe start a kick starter page and sell them, yea right. Big N would prob C&D me, not anything Big N related, but just because that's what they do nowdays. Then come out with they own in a year or so.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nice. Which operating system are you installing?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, windows 10 and some linux distro like linux mint
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +1
    impeeza @ impeeza: @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current... +1