Hardware Joy Cons are terrible

Memfis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What do you think about the Joy Cons? I played the first time with my Switch (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe). Before I had Mario Kart 8 on my Wii U. The last time I used my Wii U Gamepad is ~three months ago. I was appalled how bad the Joy Cons are. In my opinion the Wii U Gamepad is much better. The buttons seems to be more stable and give me a better pressure-sensitive. I also think, that the buttons are a little bit to smal and I miss a real tax cross. I hope, that Nintendo will release new and better Joy Cons. This is crap.

Last edited by Memfis,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't like their stuff? Shut up and do better :D

On the subject of this though, I was hoping for membrane switches originally, I wanted something a bit firmer than a 3DS's button set. But these switches are pretty nice and I'm happy with them. Firmer than a 3DS.

Sideways though, they are horrible. On a grip or the console, they are fine.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To each their own I guess. Personally I love the Joy-Cons and actually use them for everything now, Switch, PC, PS4, PS3 etc. The only thing about them that I dislike is the non-existent digipad.
I love them but they're a lil small. I wouldn't mind a refresh with a bit more heft to them, even if they stick off the top and bottom of the Switch a bit

Reactions: KiiWii and KingVamp

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I love them but they're a lil small. I wouldn't mind a refresh with a bit more heft to them, even if they stick off the top and bottom of the Switch a bit

absolutely agree. i have larger hands myself (about a 9 in glove size), so for handheld i need a sleeve/case which has grips added on the back

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In terms of portability they are the best ever made on a portable console, way better than vita built in controls.

It's just sad is that it doesn't bring triggers for racing games, 4 me it's a must, I really hate button triggers for racing games.

Old

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn’t find anything particularly wrong with them, and I’ve got hands the size of baseball mitts. Granted, I haven’t played for more than a few minutes at a time.

Rest assured, Big N will upgrade/update the Switch, the version we have now is merely a first draft. It’s their company tradition!
(GameBoy>>>GBP>>>GB Light>>>GBC>>>GBA>>>GBA SP>>>DS>>>DS Lite>>>...and so on and so on and so on...)

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
earliest 2019 (my guess 20) though. they clearly said they dont want to irritate the market by rushed out hardware revisions like they did in the past and competitors do.

rather polish out what they have and explore the possibilties. so dont get your hopes up for a switch pro xl

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
earliest 2019 (my guess 20) though. they clearly said they dont want to irritate the market by rushed out hardware revisions like they did in the past and competitors do.

rather polish out what they have and explore the possibilties. so dont get your hopes up for a switch pro xl
But the thing is this time as a portable console there's no competition so I don't think Nintendo will update the hardware so soon.

Vita is dead and a crap, any cheap phone is more powerful than it and theres no multiplatform games coming, neither triple A games...

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't have a problem with the joy cons until I started playing the switch bayonetta and I finally realized how tiny the buttons are, I liked the size of the wii u pro controller buttons a lot more, its far more comfortable. Also the position of the right joy stick on the joycons also bothered me because with the wii u pro controller I could move the camera with my index finger while uding the abxy buttons with my thumb but with the joycons its impossible for me to use the abxy buttons and move the camera at the same time which really sucks

Justeego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Joycons are the best controller for a portable console, as a home console I like them with strips over the grip; shared are just barely usable, but hey, it's a free second controller

Last edited by Justeego,

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They work fine for me :P *shrug*
the joycons wear out to easily though they will be lose if you keep taking them off the switch and putting them on the grip over and over again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the joycons wear out to easily though they will be loose if you keep taking them off the switch and putting them on the grip over and over again.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Nintendo make this in Japan so the design are based on Japanese figure. The proof is I am Asian and I feel quite comfortable with it.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to me. Before the switch came out i thought they would be a little to small.
While there on the small size, they feel very good in the hands and are great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: already did