Hacking Joycons desync between ofw and emunand

RedHunter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I'm using SX 2.5 but recently I'm facing a problem. Since I'm not banned I switch often from ofw and emunand. The problem is when I do this I have to sync the joycons, if I sync them to the ofw I will lose the sync on the emunand and the same happen if I sync them to the emunand I will lost it to the ofw. Basically I have to sync using the sync button everytime i switch fw.

This only started recently, don't know exactly when, maybe since I have updated to 6.2 or after I updated sx to 2.5 from an old version I had and started using the Emutendo folder i don't know.
Both ofw and emunand are updated to 6.2, joycons are updated too. It's annoying, any fix for this?

ChrisP86

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got the same issue but I believe I know the reason why. I had to try and clean up my Sysnand by deleting tickets and logs as I used SX OS offline. I took a copy of my Sysnand for Emunand (all .nsp, .xci, saves) and done a system reset on Sysnand to use online. Technically for my switch I now have two different systems after I done a system reset so the joycons are synced to one specific nand, I've got to reset the settings if I switch between the two. I'm just wondering if you've done something similar? Both my FW's are 6.2.0.

I'm planning on backing up all saves using checkpoint, deleting emunand and taking a copy of my current 'clean' Sysnand which has the joycon's synced and using it for a new Emunand. I'm hoping this solves the issue as also my SD card won't work on Sysnand as it's formatted under Emunand.

Last edited by ChrisP86,

RedHunter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Same problem....
In the end I fixed the problem. Basically I had to create a new emunand, I have deleted the old one inside the system partition and created a new one hidden in the micro sd card as TX suggest, even tho I don't like the lost of space...

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In the end I fixed the problem. Basically I had to create a new emunand, I have deleted the old one inside the system partition and created a new one hidden in the micro sd card as TX suggest, even tho I don't like the lost of space...

You do know that the space taken up by EmuNAND on the hidden partition on the SD CARD is NOT wasted space?

You can still use the 28GB remaining free space to install NSP's and game updates, just like you would normally do on System NAND, but instead your installing onto EmuNAND, both NAND's are separate and do not talk to each other and they don't share data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio: I will, thanks +1