Gaming Jtag xbox with 2.0.12611.0 update question

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi All,

I have a jtag xbox 360 with the above firmware and was trying to go online but its asking for an update.
Is it safe for me to update?
Also after update some games like Fable 3 + Need For Speed Hot Pursuit come up as disc unreadable but can be fixed by applying dash launch 2.06.

Cheers

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never ever let official updates near your JTAG 360 except if you want avatar data from a dashboard you are already at.

If you do run a newer update depending on the setup you might be able to pull it back (see efuses) but it will take fiddling with hardware.

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks FAST you are greatttt.
Got everything working perfect but when i try to go online it asks me to update and im not sure if i should risk it.
What do you think?

Cheers

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
The answer would be NO - to run the update would = official update. To quote FAST: "Never ever let official updates near your JTAG 360".

As far as I am aware you should not go online with your JTag... Or if you did you would get instant banned... (So I believe)

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
Plain and simple, JTAGS DO NOT BELONG ONLINE.

He wasnt trying to update his JTAG to get online, maybe you should actually read the post

And I love how less than a year ago everyone was all "OMG JTAGS ONLINE LET ME IN A LOBBY" and now once the creators of freeboot stopped and said their intentions werent to allow online cheating and business everyone jumped on the bandwagon and says "Oh yeah yeah JTAGs were meant only for online use (even though a month ago they were begging to get into a lobby)"

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shanefromoz said:
I have a jtag xbox 360 with the above firmware and was trying to go online but its asking for an update.
Is it safe for me to update?
mocalacace said:
He wasnt trying to update his JTAG to get online, maybe you should actually read the post
??? He said he was trying to go online, XBL said he needs the 12625 update to go online. Maybe it is you who should read the post.
QUOTE(mocalacace @ Mar 4 2011, 01:12 PM)
And I love how less than a year ago everyone was all "OMG JTAGS ONLINE LET ME IN A LOBBY" and now once the creators of freeboot stopped and said their intentions werent to allow online cheating and business everyone jumped on the bandwagon and says "Oh yeah yeah JTAGs were meant only for online use (even though a month ago they were begging to get into a lobby)"
I have not ever condoned online cheating. Fine that a new rebooter is needed occasionally for some newer features (Kinect with the 12611 update for example), but the cheating drives me nuts. I've had a Jtag since XBR (before freeBOOT was a single NAND option), and a flashed 360 for XBL. It pisses me off when there are people winning, not due to skill, but to a blatent cheat. SO PISS OFF IF YOU DON"T LIKE MY OPINION.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2