Judge denies Nintendo's request to dismiss Joy-Con drift lawsuit, case heads to arbitration

1490969179_1311617.jpg

The Joy-Con controversy continues. New information is out regarding the class-action lawsuit, filed back in 2019 over players having to deal with their Switch Joy-Con analogue sticks defectively drifting. Nintendo recently tried to have the case dismissed, but the presiding United States District Judge rejected the attempt. While the lawsuit won't be disregarded, it instead will be headed to arbitration, despite the wishes of the plaintiff, who believed that arbitration wouldn't allow affected users to get injunctive relief, likely meaning Nintendo wouldn't be required to fix Joy-Con drift. The case moving to arbitration requires both the plaintiff (Ryan Diaz) and Nintendo to come to an agreement together, with the help of an impartial third party.

:arrow: Source

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any joystick will drift.
small joysticks simply will drift earlier.
why is nintendo singled out in this?

there is no fix beyond making joycons much thicker, or cutting battery in halve to make more room for a larger joystick module

I don't recall hearing Vitas having this issue with a large percent of its userbase.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People wash there hands, I think you’re in the minority and lucked out. But, MOST people have that problem and even people who do take care of there things properly have this problem too. But, you probably haven’t played as many hours as them.

I'm a manager for 14 years of an indie video game store. I play very much... I also repair tons of joycons, people often press too aggressively on the sticks or they get filled with crap. I've seen many broken pegs that would press on the joystick buttons, I see tons with the carbon traces inside the joycon sticks all used. This doesn't happen naturally, it happens with abuse.

Reactions: Deleted User

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
It's not the joy cons that are drifting, its the Nintendo Nerds drifting out of reality.

Free Market Capitalsm will fix this problem. You all just need to sit back and relax without any lawsuits. The problem will take care of itself in no time.
- From Your Friendly Neighborhood Conservative

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @DinohScene hi