M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright, this may or may not be totally impossible, but I was just thinking: would it be possible to apply the ARM7 fix via a cheat? I realize this would be rather inconvenient (after all, you would need to list this cheat in any game, including future ones), but I think it would be interesting if it was possible.

When ARM7 patching, the only thing you're really doing is changing the ARM7.bin file to a similar but different file. If someone would check out the differences, would it be possible to do this using AR cheats?

Please let me know what you think about this...

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
psycoblaster said:
well I think that would depend on the difference between the 2 arm7 binary files.
They can't be thát different, right? I mean, most games work with the ARM7 patch, so the files are probably very similar, except for the copy protections on it. The only thing that changes is the version of arm7.bin. Wouldn't it be possible to just overwrite the part with the copy protection in the DSes memmory?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ this brought me joy (yes it's a rickroll) +1