Hacking Just a quick question about headers

DevilHands

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still quite new to this.. I am planning to buy a 3DS game tom to have a private header.
1. Lets say for example I have a downloaded rom that's already in .3dz format. Its online ready and I am assuming it already has a header but I want to use my own private header instead. How do I go about injecting my private header to it? Is it the same procedure as those roms in .3ds format (without header) or Do I have to download another copy that has no header?
2. Has it been confirmed that Gateway's game backup creator is region free? Like for example I can extract a game from US region even if I have a JPN N3DS?

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1) Create your backup via Gateway Menu and download Gateway ROM Patcher (search it on Google), then load your ROM in, then click on "Export Header" :)

Then if you want to inject your header in a ROM, load it, (click on "Clear header" if it has one) click on "Import Header" and choose the previously backed up header (sometimes it will ask you if Gateway ROM Patcher can adapt the header, click Yes). Press "Apply" in the bottom of GRP and it's done!

Finally, if Gateway hasn't already renamed the name as .3dz, do it ;)

2. TBH, IDK. But I think so.

Reactions: DevilHands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Hi hi