Just finished watching the 11th Doctor.....

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completely forgot this was airing. Must find it tonight.

@Haddy: Best episode since Blink? That's a huge compliment to this episode. Blink is one of my favorite sci-fi episodes of pretty much any show. I hope you're right!

Again, must find this tonight...
must find this tonight...

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland 1 said:
Dter ic said:
i personally not a fan on the 11th doctor, DAVID TENNANT is the BEST
smile.gif
I agree David Tennant is a better doctor than Matt Smith

i dont think that you can justify that with only one episode.. i think that hes a great actor

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:

@Haddy: Best episode since Blink? That's a huge compliment to this episode. Blink is one of my favorite sci-fi episodes of pretty much any show. I hope you're right!

Well its probably not even half as good as that, I just don't rate the following episodes that much. Series 4 and the specials after were just full of average retread episodes, even Moffats Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead felt a little average.

Of course general opinion is different seeing I wasn't into Tennants Doctor and I pretty much despise Catherine Tate as a companion.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WildWon said:

The Weeping Angels will be returning.
wink.gif
Also, Turn Left through to Journey's End was good too. I enjoy dystopian stories, especially in the "what if" and "reset button" scenarios, when everything goes wrong and main characters die and everything.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadriano said:
Dter ic said:
oh sorry bt what does RTD stand for?
Russell T Davies, he was the show runner. His episodes were mostly poorly written (first series ones were good though) and he kept on with the fart gags.

And yet, his work on Torchwood was fantastic. Word on the street is that the show is being ported to American audiences. Which means toning down the sex and intelligence.
frown.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
WildWon said:

The Weeping Angels will be returning.
wink.gif
Also, Turn Left through to Journey's End was good too. I enjoy dystopian stories, especially in the "what if" and "reset button" scenarios, when everything goes wrong and main characters die and everything.

I know! I saw them in a teaser. And i popped a nerd boner.

QUOTE(choconado @ Apr 8 2010, 11:26 AM)
And yet, his work on Torchwood was fantastic. Word on the street is that the show is being ported to American audiences. Which means toning down the sex and intelligence.
frown.gif

Rumor has it that the original Torchwood team is working on the American version. Therefore, i don't think it'll be any less. I mean, it's no Coupling disaster, or what could have happened with Spaced. Thank God those died (and Spaced died before it was even started). My hopes are high for it.
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
choconado said:
Hadriano said:
Dter ic said:
oh sorry bt what does RTD stand for?
Russell T Davies, he was the show runner. His episodes were mostly poorly written (first series ones were good though) and he kept on with the fart gags.

frown.gif
Actually Richard Stokes & Chris Chibnall did more to Torchwood. RTD just came up with the idea and wrote the the first and last episode of the mini series and acme up with the overall arc and story, which I admit was good. I cant say the other episode he did was something I'd want to watch again.

Yeah Fox were supposed to be looking into it, with even John Barrowman playing the same part but to me it seems completely pointless as it'll be just another Sci-Fi show. Even if there was no sex in it then at least it was a British Sci-Fi show.

To be honest I only thought there was a few episodes that met its potential though the mini series really showed that with focus on story and not making every character fucking anyone and anything it could be a great program.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
luke_c said:
Second episode was ALRIGHT, but not as good as last weeks, next weeks episode looks amazing and
wtf at the daleks working for churchill
Yeah I agree this episode was okay but last one was better.
And Daleks as soldiers, looks like a promising episode.
As for the doctor, I think he is good

ppowerman5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I came to the new series...by accident.The first eps. of the new series were a couple I saw on sci-fi...with David Tennant...and saw the ending of the 3rd season(amazing stuff)....Then did not watched again...Then a couple of months back watched Children of Earth...and felt in love!Then decided to go out and watch the first season with Christopher Eccleston...
I went to that season, kind of not interested , since I watched the Tennant doctor first...Then after watching that season I really loved the Christopher Eccleston doctor, and was kind of sad that he left at the end of the season.Then watched all the Tennant series and I loved him !!!Then the news of Tennant leaving , I was shattered...but after seeing the first ep. of Matt Smith...I no longer fear for the series main character changing as long as the eps. are good,so far so good...What I love of DOCTOR WHO, is the concept of the show , the story behind it....and if this carries on from season to season..,I wont care, for the change of actor!

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This episode was one of the best. Really evolved both characters and the type of story is what brings out the series to be one of the best around. Very British Sci-Fi writing indeed.

Matt Smith certainly brings back the alien factor that has been missing in the Doctor since Tom Baker. Since then the Doctors have just be eccentric, quirky or over excitable.

Karen Gillian is becoming my favourite assistant, probably the only one I can like of the 21st centurary episodes. Shame Sally Sparrow didn't become the companion instead of Catherine Tate. All I can say to improve her performance is "more uniforms please".

Certainly seems like we have a new golden age here. Looking forward to the next episode, its by Mark Gattis who is a very good writer and did the excellent "The Unquiet Dead" and the ok "Idiots Lantern". Of course he is mostly famous for being part of The League of Gentlemen. This episode seems to be an interesting twist on the Daleks who to me are getting a bit stale and boring but this one could work our well for them.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I watched episodes 1 & 2 on sunday. I. Fucking. Loved them.

Matt Smith is fantastic, and the new companion is just hot (and fun). Two wonderful episodes. Can't wait for more!

(heh so does anyone else see a SLIGHT resemblance between Smith and our resident Radioactive mod? Or is that just me?)

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
call me nerdy or whatever but does not the new Sonic screw driver mess up the library episode

how could 10th doctor (David) notice his Sonic screwdriver from his wife as she gets it from the future doctor but it is now different

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Pong20302000 said:
call me nerdy or whatever but does not the new Sonic screw driver mess up the library episode

how could 10th doctor (David) notice his Sonic screwdriver from his wife as she gets it from the future doctor but it is now different
Ah but does she get it with the 11th doctor or perhaps the one after ?? - she may appear in this series but she may appear in other series as well or perhaps she doesn't get HIS screwdriver but another ?? a His-&-Her Sonic Screwdrivers ???

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pong20302000 said:

Its a series with time travel, things like that could easily change.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Just finished watching the first episode and I was glued to it! I thought Matt Smith was fantastic. He had the right blend of energy, madness, wonder at the universe and just plain old psychoticness that a good Doctor should have. Definitely enjoyed watching him alot more than David Tennant. And thought Karen Gillan was excellent, very tasty as well!

The episode was really good. It felt like a good old fashioned Doctor Who adventure. A little bit odd, a little bit freaky and a good sense of doom. Loved the quick flash through the previous Doctors and adventures as well. And the "Basically, run" line was great! Not so keen on the new titles and theme tune though, it just didn't feel big enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll see hey cod is on Gamepass and go that route