ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ze, theres a reason M$ spent so much on its repair fund this year, thats try to fix 360s so they dont RROD(or at least as often)

Even if it does RROD, its only a few weeks inconvenience period.

Also VVoltz I'm linkiboy on live, but I don't have my 360 yet. Just registered my name.

They don't repair the one you sent to them. To save you time they send you a refurbished console majority of the time. TC, As long as the 360 you buy from ebay has HDMI and is a Premium/Arcade then your fine as it will most like have the Falcon thing. Those few weeks of inconvenience turn to nightmares as it happens every couple of months Linki. If it ever happens to you, you'll know why some Xbox 360 owners switched to the PS3. VVolts, Get a Premium. IMO the Elite is overrated and you don't really need a 120GB HDD unless you'll be downloading a LOT of Demos and movies. And I mean A LOT. A 20GB HDD should suffice.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said (in that post) that they will repair YOUR console. They SEND you a new(refurb, w/e) console with the damaged GPU replaced or a new mobo. Otherwise they'd be wasting their 1.15billion$

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I never said (in that post) that they will repair YOUR console. They SEND you a new(refurb, w/e) console with the damaged GPU replaced or a new mobo. Otherwise they'd be wasting their 1.15billion$

lol it's not the GPU that gets damaged. When a person gets the RROD it's usually due to Overheating as the solder that holds the mobo gets desoldered in the heat. Here's an example of just how hot it gets. http://youtube.com/watch?v=oLabckoPC0g

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lol it's not the GPU that gets damaged. When a person gets the RROD it's usually due to Overheating as the solder that holds the mobo gets desoldered in the heat. Here's an example of just how hot it gets. http://youtube.com/watch?v=oLabckoPC0g
The point was that the solder that gets damaged is connecting to the GPU. Old models didn't have an extra heatsink/cooling apparatus installed near the GPU so now they're making it more RROD proof.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, did I messed up?, was it a bad idea getting it from eBay?
Can M$ still repair the RROD even if the guarantee has been voided? (I've read there is a seal or some kind of sticker).

I got it for 280 incl. shipping, should I have got the Pro for 70USD more? (it was a lot of money!), I hope did did good... =(, I'm a little scared now.....

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, did I messed up?, was it a bad idea getting it from eBay?
Can M$ still repair the RROD even if the guarantee has been voided? (I've read there is a seal or some kind of sticker).

I got it for 280 incl. shipping, should I have got the Pro for 70USD more? (it was a lot of money!), I hope did did good... =(, I'm a little scared now.....

Who voided the warranty? They obviously won't repair it if the seal is broken. I say the Premium 360 for only 70$ more is a better deal... You should of gotten that one. But just keep the 360 ventilated and hopefully it won't ever get the RROD.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I kinda regret to inform that I ended up getting a PS3 instead. You know what?, what truly reaches me is that most of you play @ Live.
Still, I'll be around on PSN if there is any PS3 players here (I know Ze is, hankchill too.), my Network name is VVoltz.

gba.gif

See ya around guys!

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I kinda regret to inform that I ended up getting a PS3 instead. You know what?, what truly reaches me is that most of you play @ Live.
Still, I'll be around on PSN if there is any PS3 players here (I know Ze is, hankchill too.), my Network name is VVoltz.

gba.gif

See ya around guys!

I'll add you soon. Good decision IMO. People don't realize how much you get with the PS3 for the price. For only 50$ more then the 360 Elite, you get a kinda smaller HDD, but BC, Built-in Wireless, Free Online, Free Home, Great exclusives, etc. Also VVoltz Deathfisaro has a PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1