Homebrew Just got a new SD card, can I just copy and paste?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you properly copied your Emunand partition to the new SD card. Try this instead:

Using the old SD card, run Emunand9 and choose "Complete EmuNAND Setup." Switch to your new sd card when prompted. It will wipe the sd card and format a new Emunand partition. Then use your PC to copy all the files from your old SD to your new SD (just simple copy+paste, make sure to include the emunand backup you made earlier!).

Use your old SD card to get back into Emunand9 again. Hit B to unmount your old SD card and mount your new SD card. Then choose "EmuNand Manager Options>Clone EmuNand.bin to EmuNand."

This whole process will take a while, but once it's done your new SD card should work fine. Afterwords, go follow Pialect's guide, setup A9LH (Master Race!), and use sysnand so you never have to go through this again. Afterwards you can backup and wipe your whole new SD card, to reclaim the space that Emunand took up.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do, and that is what I am worried about. I remember something about it storing the emunand strange to where a copy paste wont work. Hence the question.
I have emunand, and since its stored in a separate partition, you can't really just copy, so you will need to redo your emunand on the new SD card. However, things like games and saves should still be there after they are reinstalled.

Bat420maN

OP
Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you properly copied your Emunand partition to the new SD card. Try this instead:

Using the old SD card, run Emunand9 and choose "Complete EmuNAND Setup." Switch to your new sd card when prompted. It will wipe the sd card and format a new Emunand partition. Then use your PC to copy all the files from your old SD to your new SD (just simple copy+paste, make sure to include the emunand backup you made earlier!).

Use your old SD card to get back into Emunand9 again. Hit B to unmount your old SD card and mount your new SD card. Then choose "EmuNand Manager Options>Clone EmuNand.bin to EmuNand."

This whole process will take a while, but once it's done your new SD card should work fine. Afterwords, go follow Pialect's guide, setup A9LH (Master Race!), and use sysnand so you never have to go through this again. Afterwards you can backup and wipe your whole new SD card, to reclaim the space that Emunand took up.

This is the exact process I tried twice last night, I'll give it one more try but, this is what was leaving me not able to boot into CFW.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the exact process I tried twice last night, I'll give it one more try but, this is what was leaving me not able to boot into CFW.
Again, you can use the tool i gave you in order to back it up and inject it again.

in case you dont want to do all on your 3ds for any particular reason
I have emunand, and since its stored in a separate partition, you can't really just copy, so you will need to redo your emunand on the new SD card. However, things like games and saves should still be there after they are reinstalled.
You can, by doing a backup of it, or extracting it using emunand tool or multi emunand creator.

Bat420maN

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Again, you can use the tool i gave you in order to back it up and inject it again.

You can, by doing a backup of it, or extracting it using emunand tool or multi emunand creator.
I tried that thing last night twice as well, same outcome, CFW wouldn't boot.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait.... you installed emunand again? with hourglass? please tell me you chosee the option KEEP A9LH?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

maxresdefault.jpg

Also. did you tried this?

Hourglass and Decrypt9 have a restore nand option with a feature that displays "Keep A9LH", did you choose that one?

Bat420maN

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Dont know what hourglass is, so I didn't try that. I did mess around with decrypt9 and got the same results, no CFW.

The links you posted originally didn't work. The top one just didn't pick up my SD card for some reason. The second one left me unable to boot into CFW.

Last edited by Bat420maN,

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ok, well my way is just the way I did it when I upgraded my SD card.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got menuhax, and luma.

I am in the process of going through your instructions step by step now. Just about to install the emunand dump onto the new card. Made a new one just to start from scratch.

Hope everything works out for you. If not, your best bet might be to go ahead and set up A9LH. I was on menuhax for quite a while before I finally decided to switch, glad I did, no regrets.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait....... are you not using a9lh?
doubt it, still on the old emunand-menuhax setup. some people (such as myself) have no real regrets from it. (and I may switch to get my gold mii up to date on sysnand, but only if I feel like it)
It still wont boot into CFW. Not sure what the hell is going on. Starting to get a bit upset at this pont.
wait, did you make a new emunand on the new SD card?
Also, If people start suggesting an A9LH transition, its not necessary for this.

Last edited by TimX24968B,

Bat420maN

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
doubt it, still on the old emunand-menuhax setup. some people (such as myself) have no real regrets from it. (and I may switch to get my gold mii working on sysnand, but only if I feel like it)

wait, did you make a new emunand on the new SD card?
I did! I have been through that whole process now four times. I am not sure if I am just missing something or what but I did everything exactly as RHOPKINS13 said and still nothing, twice.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by TimX24968B,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz