Hardware Just got a Vita

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
don't open it, sell it. I initially wanted a vita only to play Persona 4 Golden. after I watched the anime, I'm no longer interested. vita is technically dead outside Japan :D

Reactions: Arithmatics

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
don't open it, sell it. I initially wanted a vita only to play Persona 4 Golden. after I watched the anime, I'm no longer interested. vita is technically dead outside Japan :D

Yeah I mean aside from the dozens of great games with a library that's still growing.
Dumbass.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an unopened Vita for Christmas. My friend didn't want it so he gave it to me. I don't know if I should keep or trade it in but I already have a 3DS + Gateway, Gaming PC (i5-4690k + R9 280), and Wii U.

Any good games for it? I'll keep it if I can I hack it.

There's what, 40 games total for the console? Most are Japanese games.

I would sell it. Sony has given up and moved on from the Vita, it's nearly dead.

lytro

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I would sell it. Sony has given up and moved on from the Vita, it's nearly dead.

cff.png

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I almost bought one just for the emu's. Then I remembered I have a literally mint launch psp with CFW which I can run any emu on I want, that I haven't touched in a couple of years. In fact I picked up a megaman game for it last week from another member and I had to search for the PSP for at least a couple of hours just to test the game. My 3ds I use daily. Of course it does have Pokemon. I guess once I have completed OR/AS it will go back to an occasional use as well but it still sees more time than my PSP ever did. If I got one for free like you did, and I could hack it to play stuff free, I would probably keep it too. I kinda suffer from a major case of OCD when it comes to "collecting" gaming stuff though. OK, OK, actually when it comes to ALOTTA stuff, heh. But anyway, yeah, the emu's would be why I would really like to have it. Hopefully, the way things are looking recently, I will get my fill of that with my 3ds soon.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country

The Vita is still getting releases, although admittedly, the release calendar is somewhat sparse for non-indie releases. Despite that, the Vita is fantastic if you like Japanese developed games, and as OP has already stated, they be a weeaboo. The Vita was pretty much made for them. With that said, the Vita also has quite a bit of quality content, honestly, more so than the 3DS. There are solid shooters, adventure games, platformers, indie titles, RPGs of a few kinds, story driven games, etc. The early library is pretty varied in what's available, and even now, those games hold up without showing the signs that many early games from a console's life tend to show of developers still trying to figure the console out. Even this past year has been a decent one. For those that likes the Tales games for example, Tales of Hearts R is a damn fine localization. For those that prefer a more Monter Hunter-esque (yet rather unique) title, Freedom Wars came out to a warm reception. Borderlands 2 ultimately turned out to be a pretty decent port as well. Inferior to other versions of the game, yes, but amazingly well done for shrinking down such a huge game to the Vita. Not to mention most of the HD collections are very well done (except Jak and Daxter) which means many of the best PS2 games are easily taken on the go. Even PS Now is available on the Vita, though I haven't tried it myself yet, but that means PS3 games are even accessible and playable. This is combined with the many PS1 games available, although US PSN for Vita is unfortunately missing some staple series that Sony has still shown absolutely no sign of ever bringing to Vita PSN, meaning that the PS1 library is lacking for some, especially if you don't have a PS3 to transfer games from.

I'd say the Vita is a pretty lucrative machine still, even if the support is a little bit lacking.

With that said, Sony is clearly trying to do as little as it can for the Vita, and as a Vita owner, I acknowledge that. I'm not happy about it, but bit isn't as if constantly being upset about it will change anything. I just have to remember that I still have about 15 games I want to buy from the past couple of years, with games coming out that I want to buy in 2015. That's good enough for me, as of the two big handheld systems, I still have more fun and spend far more time with my Vita than my 3DS.

Did I see someone state that vita has a touchscreen as well?
Front touchscreen, as well as a rear touch pad that doesn't get a ton of use, but can be good for extra buttons.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, OP, the FTC is forcing Sony to pay early Vita owners back part of what they paid due to deceptive advertising and unfulfilled promises on their part.

The Vita is a throbbing corpse. Let it die. Sell it while you can

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I almost bought one just for the emu's. Then I remembered I have a literally mint launch psp with CFW which I can run any emu on I want, that I haven't touched in a couple of years. In fact I picked up a megaman game for it last week from another member and I had to search for the PSP for at least a couple of hours just to test the game. My 3ds I use daily. Of course it does have Pokemon. I guess once I have completed OR/AS it will go back to an occasional use as well but it still sees more time than my PSP ever did. If I got one for free like you did, and I could hack it to play stuff free, I would probably keep it too. I kinda suffer from a major case of OCD when it comes to "collecting" gaming stuff though. OK, OK, actually when it comes to ALOTTA stuff, heh. But anyway, yeah, the emu's would be why I would really like to have it. Hopefully, the way things are looking recently, I will get my fill of that with my 3ds soon.

I found android tablet (7inch+) with an IPEGA controller is a much much better emulator console. nothing can beat large screen size :P

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
So? The 3DS is outselling the 3DS because of the games, not the hardware.
The 3DS is selling because of the legacy first and foremost. The Vita also started doing poorly pretty much from the start due to its legacy. When you get down to it, the game libraries seem to have very little to do with why one system is performing over another where the two handhelds are concerned. The Vita could release a string of absolutely stunning games, and it would still sell like shit because it's not a Nintendo developed handheld. That's just the way it is, and I think at this point, Sony has learned that and probably won't be adding another entry to the dedicated gaming handheld market after the Vita. They seem more interested in integrating their smart devices (especially their phones) with the PS4 and Sony gaming services anyways.

By the way, OP, the FTC is forcing Sony to pay early Vita owners back part of what they paid due to deceptive advertising and unfulfilled promises on their part.

The Vita is a throbbing corpse. Let it die. Sell it while you can
It's mostly for small stuff like remote play on the PS3 not working out like Sony said it would. Quit being a jackass.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found android tablet (7inch+) with an IPEGA controller is a much much better emulator console. nothing can beat large screen size :P
Which tablet are you using that is better than a vita? Are you actually able to run the same array of emulators that will run on a vita?

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Which tablet are you using that is better than a vita? Are you actually able to run the same array of emulators that will run on a vita?
Most tablets will perform as well as or outperform the Vita where emulation is concerned, provided you don't buy a cheap budget tablet and actually get a decent device. The Vita is just nice because it has built in controls which saves from needing a stand for the tablet, or having to get a separate controller since touch controls are balls. The biggest problem with the Vita though is that is isn't hacked yet, much less with emulators that are built for Vita mode, whereas any tablet you buy will be able to load up emulators right away that work on it.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

my tablet is weak (asus tf 101, tegra 2) but it can run psx games and games before that. there are psp and gamecube/wii emulators are being developed for android, but you need a powerful tablet to run them. However, the latter is not optimized yet, I have seen some people run dolphin with tegra K1 (which is one of the newest and strongest tablet processor) but the games run slowly. not really worth to get a hi-end tablet if you want to play gamecube on android now, but maybe on the next few years?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk