Hacking just had an idea

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
would this be possible??
its basically an emulation of your wii using your nand and it loads up on ur pc so basically you can check on things before you actually go and install it on your wii
so say you wanted to update from 3.2 to 4.2 or whatever and you got the update but ur too scared to use it incase ur wii bricks (same for any other app) well use it on this nand emulation on ur pc to see if it works and what happens before you go and try it on your wii
its something that would stop alot of peopls wiis bricking
would this be atall poss/plausable??

i wouldnt have the 1st clue about how to make this programme but im sure thers some guys in the industry who could

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i think ur idea is a little redundant with SNEEK... people can launch sneek, then update their emulated nand on their sd card (via the wii) without affecting their actual wii's nand

only difference is that you're talking about making changes using a computer... well, then u can update the emulated nand on your sd card on the PC using showmiiwads/showmiinand... then launch that emulated nand using sneek... if everything works properly, the user can then decide whether he wants to install the files to real nand (note that some apps dont yet work perfectly via sneek, so if u can't get an app working properly via sneek doesn't mean it wont work via real nand)

edit: tattar beat me to it...

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd go with SNEEK for testing things. The only other option I can think of is using the Wiivnc to connect to your pc and then test things in dolphin BUT dolphin is not a wii so that idea is a bit mong though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme