Hacking Question just purchased hoping for 3.0.0 got a 3.0.1 any point in staying at 3.0.1? should I return it?

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just purchased a switch with serial xaw100208 hoping for a 3.0.0 and I got a 3.0.1. Should I leave it at 3.0.1 or update? or should I return and keep looking for a 3.0.0?

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
won’t need a jig when Atmosphere is released.
really? I thought atmosphere required a jig if you're higher than 3.0.0? And don't you have to enter RCM mode or at least load the atmosphere custom firmware every single time you restart the unit?

The3rdknuckles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really? I thought atmosphere required a jig if you're higher than 3.0.0? And don't you have to enter RCM mode or at least load the atmosphere custom firmware every single time you restart the unit?

I thought it was 5 or 4 and up that needed the jig. 3 and lower will be able to enter with software.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I thought it was 5 or 4 and up that needed the jig. 3 and lower will be able to enter with software.

It's technically 3.0.0 and lower that doesn't require a jig. 4.1.0 will get one in the future.

Last edited by Deathscreton, , Reason: Whoops

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's technically 3.0.0 and lower that requires a jig. 4.1.0 will get one in the future.
I think you mean 3.0.0 & lower doesn't require A jig. stay low so you have A chance at no jig! I think I remember 4.1.0 will eventually get to software and not require A jig.

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, so no public software exploit for 3.0.1 yet, do you guys honestly think I should hold onto this unit or try to get a 3.0.0? Does it really matter?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's technically 3.0.0 and lower that requires a jig. 4.1.0 will get one in the future.

The only firmware that currently has a public software method for entering RCM is 1.0.0. All other firmwares require grounding a pin, this doesn't require a jig. You can ground a pin with solder, a wire, or an electrical switch.

If or when later versions will receive a software method for switching to RCM is unknown.

If or when we receive a software method that doesn't require RCM at all for loading CFW is also unknown.

won’t need a jig when Atmosphere is released.

Atmosphere is a CFW, not the exploit for loading it.

The full release of Fusee Gelee, which may or may not coincide with the release of Atmosphere, may remove the requirement of grounding a pin for people on certain firmware versions.

Last edited by smf,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
okay, so no public software exploit for 3.0.1 yet, do you guys honestly think I should hold onto this unit or try to get a 3.0.0? Does it really matter?
If you're desperate for a fully software exploit, wait. If you want to play new games, just update and you'll still get homebrew through other methods.

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! I suppose I'll hang onto it for now and play mario odyssy since it's 3.0.1 as well. Cheers! Does anyone know of a good guide to show me how to get hbl working on 3.0.1 so I can play around with some emulators? Do I just need fusee gelee and a ground the right rail pins to enter rcm?

The3rdknuckles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! I suppose I'll hang onto it for now and play mario odyssy since it's 3.0.1 as well. Cheers! Does anyone know of a good guide to show me how to get hbl working on 3.0.1 so I can play around with some emulators? Do I just need fusee gelee and a ground the right rail pins to enter rcm?

I would give you one, but you probably wouldn’t listen.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*snip*

It's possible, however unlikely, that at some point an untethered coldboot will be released that requires 3.0.1 and doesn't work on any other firmware.

If you are going to use fusee gelee and are going to use hardware to enter RCM, then it doesn't appear to matter at all what firmware version you are on.

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@notimp It has come to the point where you are becoming guilty of what you preach to others. That is, the whole "me me me" thing. I'm almost certain you are not aware that you are showing narcissistic traits when you insist others yield to your own personal view on how this forum should exist or be used. Hopefully, you don't see this as an attack but just the simple observation that it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1