Hardware Just received PS4; first impressions

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Sony sells 1 million PS4 units in 24 hrs....

....900,000 get returned in the next 24 hrs.

Indeed. One reason, not worth flipping. Other reason, so many defects due to foxconn workers that don't know that you work at a company to turn a profit and not to churn out shitty goods.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried out a PS4 demo at the store and it's slow as heck, takes like an entire minute just to load the menu with the list of games.

Anyone with an actual working PS4, please tell me the new update makes this much much faster? Meanwhile, I'm still set to pick up my Xbox One preorder.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried out a PS4 demo at the store and it's slow as heck, takes like an entire minute just to load the menu with the list of games.

Anyone with an actual working PS4, please tell me the new update makes this much much faster? Meanwhile, I'm still set to pick up my Xbox One preorder.
It doesn't normally take that long. It's not instant, but it's definitely less than that.

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After fees and shipping that's about ~$50-$70 profit. I checked it out, hence I returned mine instead of going through the bother of selling it on ebay.

$600 - 15% ebay & paypal fees = $510 - $12 s/h = $498 - $433 (cost plus taxes)

Grand total profit: $65.

EFF that. I returned all of mine. Easy 65 bucks. wtf. not worth the time. Plus who knows what kind of buyer you will contend with on ebay, knowing he paid $200 more than the console is worth. Not worht the time at all.

Edit: if he sold his console for $750 then he made ~$200 after fees and shipping. There are some who have, most have not. I have seen them sell for as low as $520 shipped on there. You'd take a loss doing that probably.

You had to put up a buy it now listing on day one to make your 200 dollar profit. After that, people are making at the most 60 bucks, like you said.

I put mine up on day one, but not as a buy it now. I figured I was going to get my 200 bucks, but the demand for the ps4 was shot pretty quickly. Shouldn't have listed as an auction. I pulled it off of ebay and will probably return it. Oh well. I'm thinking I'll grab a Wii U New Super Mario Bros. U Bundle instead.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You had to put up a buy it now listing on day one to make your 200 dollar profit. After that, people are making at the most 60 bucks, like you said.

I put mine up on day one, but not as a buy it now. I figured I was going to get my 200 bucks, but the demand for the ps4 was shot pretty quickly. Shouldn't have listed as an auction. I pulled it off of ebay and will probably return it. Oh well. I'm thinking I'll grab a Wii U New Super Mario Bros. U Bundle instead.

Wii U has better games. I'd either get that or try to acquire a 4.5 or lower 3DS XL. I can do everything and more that a PS4 / Xbone can do on my PC. My PC afaik has a better graphics chip in it, gtx 670 with 4gb of ram. I haven't compared though so I'm not sure if that is true.

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've been loving the hell out of my wii u - very happy that I got that instead. I do have a 3DS, but it came with fw 5.1 and I decided to just wait for a new exploit rather than spend money on a new console and cart.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First impressions it worked fine no problemo. Very easy setup, patched, installed resogun in under 30 minutes. I really like the dual shock with the built in speaker and mic and the different color lights. I played some killzone and the controls felt great. Impressive graphics and gameplay was smooth throughout the first bit I played. I agree with the above poster the console looks way cooler in person. Definitely the best looking console I've owned.

So,first impressions are very positive for me, enjoying the launch titles, nothing killer yet but it makes me look forward to what will come.

Does the thing vibrate when something happens in game? If it does, and you're holding the controller the right way, you could get humped... but this sounds pretty gross; nvm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1