Hacking Homebrew Just turned on my New 3DS XL while the SD was not in and now everything is gone.

Alfonsito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just turned on my New 3DS XL while the SD was not in and now everything is gone, none of the programs I had installed are available, only Twilight Menu remained on the Home screen.

I have read around some forums that all the data may be encrypted now because the console generated new Home data, so I don't know how to proceed now to recover everything, even if it is remotely possible.

I see all the contents are still on the SD and I can still access GodMode9 and I guess some other things.

(Just in case you are wondering why I removed the SD, I was fixing my A button and was just turning the console on for trying if it was properly working)

Let me know if you know any way of fixing this.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Open the folder SD:/Nintendo 3DS
Inside of it there should be a folder with a random long hexadecimal string as name (The ID0).
Open that as well and look what you find inside
SD:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>
Normally there should be only one subfolder (also random name, called ID1

If you got two different ID1, the console is using the wrong one. Move the wrong ID1 folder somewhere else. The difference between the two should be the size, with the real folder being much bigger.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just turned on my New 3DS XL while the SD was not in and now everything is gone, none of the programs I had installed are available, only Twilight Menu remained on the Home screen.

I have read around some forums that all the data may be encrypted now because the console generated new Home data, so I don't know how to proceed now to recover everything, even if it is remotely possible.
To be clear, have you already tried just re-inserting the SD card (i.e. while the unit is switched off)? You're not seriously thinking people risk wiping all their data ever time they remove the SD card, are you..? The encryption key only changes when you do a System Format or a System Transfer.

If the 3DS is having trouble reading the SD card (and such troubles do tend to crop up when the SD card is physically handled), then standard procedure is to copy everything off the card (preferably with Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier), format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and then copy everything back if the test is okay.

But you should probably check for multiple ID1 folders first, as described above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Soda pop, fountain drink Pepsi or Coke they almost mean the same thing but what is used locally...