Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
dbundy said:
Wrong ?
blink.gif

Ok translators are almost never correct.
But you prefer understanding nothing rather than a bad aproximation ?
Not me.
...I'm sure many people would disagree with you...just look at the M3Team's apology letter that was machine translated. That thing makes no sense when it comes to the important details, and all the stuff that does make sense don't help in enlightening anyone what is happening...

For a game with many texts such as adventure, role game ... yeah, I recognize that it may fastly become nonsense.
For a game with few text and where text is not crucial to advance in the game, i think a bad traduction is less serious.
For example, Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn! DS Flame Rumble (subject of this post) is part of the second category.

Machine Translation without human adaptation is very bad, yes, i agree.
But with the context, you can sometimes guess and deduce some things and so improve the automatic translation.

I have an issue with that statement/question.
You assume that a machine translation gives you an approximation of what is being said. 9 times out of 10, they don`t.
Too hard. 4 or 5 times, i would have told.

Maybe, i am less demanding as you. It's not a reproach
smile.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Less demanding? She knows Japanese, she doesn't have to demand something she can just play.

We're telling you as translators that machine translators are a mess. I can ASSURE you, with games like this a machine translator is the worst thing you can possibly do, simply because of the skills in the game. You can't take a guess at skills, that's a stupid thing to do with someone else's translation. If you're going to help, then help, but do it the right way.

Tricky Upgrade

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mozambique
@6Toushiro9:
Saw your post on romhacking.net (don't have an account there...) anyways, this game doesn't have support for single-byte ASCII characters that's why it crashes, so either add support (through ASM hacking) or edit the double-byte ASCII ones.

vitorluis129

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, I know what I ask may be a little too much, but you'll understand.
What if you make a parallel translation just to latinize the skills? I felt "Gotta stay calm!" in the place of "Gama un~~" a bit artificial, 'cause there's lots of people who see it subtitled.

It's strange, but sometimes the dubbers change phrases that were actually in english.

PS:Nevermind translating the Story mode, it's useless.

vitorluis129

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Oh God, your font killed my eyes X_X

Please read the post above yours.

Sorry, but the direct above is a post about rom hacking, and yours above is about machine translation.
unsure.gif

I'm talking about a button /translated skill names/original jap names/

And I think skills created for the game (2º of hibari) need only the english version, as they have no importance to the fans.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vitorluis129 said:
Sorry, but the direct above is a post about rom hacking, and yours above is about machine translation.
unsure.gif

And I think skills created for the game (2º of hibari) need only the english version, as they have no importance to the fans.

You mentioned translating the story, that's what my post was referring to.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
vitorluis129 said:
unsure.gif

You mentioned translating the story, that's what my post was referring to.

about it we do not dream

vitorluis129

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Incoming Help! I'll search for the ones no one remembers mainly.

106- Kraken de pioggia or Rain Giant Squid (Glo Xinia)
119- triple cornattia (Dendro)
115- Cervo Volante Tempesta or Storm Stag Beetle (Baishanna)
77- Shot plasma (Gamma)
80- Electric Cutter(Gamma)
129- Zanza di Squalo (Guess who)
48- Scontro di Squalo
54- Levi volta (Levi)
12 -Poison cooking (Bianchi)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
zizer said:
translating the story
Still don't understand what you were trying to say.
I just gave up trying to understand what he was saying after the first sentence. There isn't much point trying to translate if nobody understands what you are saying normally.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vitorluis129 said:
Incoming Help! I'll search for the ones no one remembers mainly.

106- Kraken de pioggia or Rain Giant Squid (Glo Xinia)
119- triple cornattia (Dendro)
115- Cervo Volante Tempesta or Storm Stag Beetle (Baishanna)
77- Shot plasma (Gamma)
80- Electric Cutter(Gamma)
129- Zanza di Squalo (Guess who)
48- Scontro di Squalo
54- Levi volta (Levi)
12 -Poison cooking (Bianchi)
Thanks. Will be added later.

jillchan_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
help please!

im now in chapter 02 on story mode but i cant seem to go far because the battle between ryohei and gokudera wont end! i've finished the first one (you will open the box weapon of ryohei) then after that you'll battle again with you as ryohei, but this time i cant finish it. i tried everything but it just wont progress to the story. help please! what will i do to fulfill the conditions on that battle??

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jillchan_ said:
help please!

im now in chapter 02 on story mode but i cant seem to go far because the battle between ryohei and gokudera wont end! i've finished the first one (you will open the box weapon of ryohei) then after that you'll battle again with you as ryohei, but this time i cant finish it. i tried everything but it just wont progress to the story. help please! what will i do to fulfill the conditions on that battle??

Why in the world would you post this in two different translation threads when it has NOTHING to do with your issue?

CookiesMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
jillchan_ said:
help please!

Try press L and activate the box weapon. By the way, this thread is rather useless because they aren't going to translate the story. For the skills, after we tried and memorized it's good to go. It just a plain fighting game, just need some common sense and remember how to buttons work can already.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CookiesMilk said:
jillchan_ said:
help please!

Try press L and activate the box weapon. By the way, this thread is rather useless because they aren't going to translate the story. For the skills, after we tried and memorized it's good to go. It just a plain fighting game, just need some common sense and remember how to buttons work can already.
Actually, no. I plan to translate other texts, such as what Box Weapons do and such after we sort out a font problem and is also good experience for me as a beginner romhacker since this game is fairly easier to hack than others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW