Kaz Hirai To Be Named Sony President

rasta1777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does Kaz Hirai speak english? Thats all I need to know lol.
why would he have to speak english?!?hes running one of japans biggest companies in Tokyo. There are tons of large successful/international japanese companies who have leaders that only speak japanese...

your thought process intrigues me. why would you need to understand him? you have US/Euro Sony bosses for that

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
why would he have to speak english?!?hes running one of japans biggest companies in Tokyo. There are tons of large successful/international japanese companies who have leaders that only speak japanese...

your thought process intrigues me. why would you need to understand him? you have US/Euro Sony bosses for that
Having a leader that speaks english is a given advantage, He could cooperate better with foreign workers and Knows what customer wants other than japanese customer.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well he did head SCE America before heading SCE in general so odds are he'll get good English. I remember hearing him at E3 and he has phenomenal English and is a great PR person.
Makes you wonder is he really Japanese

Hirai was born in 1960 in Tokyo, Japan. The son of a wealthy banker, Hirai often traveled with his father across the world to California, New York, and Canada and around Japan — a trait which Hirai noted to be a major factor in his later multi-continental business success.

He is.

But those are only presidents of divisions, not presidents of the company. It's nice to be able to get statements from the president that aren't translated or in a thick accent.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Its international level, not just limited to japan. In international public events/presentations its annoying to have someone who doesnt speak english and needs a translator ;).

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The praystation veet-a-meen-a will retrair fawr FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE YOU-ESH DORRARS!"

Let's not kid ourselves... you know he would. The lynch mobs that would be at his door for that kind of move would almost be worth paying to see.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Its international level, not just limited to japan. In international public events/presentations its annoying to have someone who doesnt speak english and needs a translator ;).
Can Howard Stringer speak Japanese?
With you're logic they'd have to speak every language. There's different branches of a corporation for a reason.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
April will be too far off before he can do something about the Vita situation (let's not kid ourselves, its trendline is like a trench now, so it is a situation).
A man can't Hope?, besides the Vita is not that bad in a situation IMO
not saying he can't, nor anybody can't, but i'm saying that he won't be able to immediately do something about it. the Vita can gain traction and start moving up, or it may continue the downhill ride, but with a CEO about to step down, I must say that Sony will be very busy with making sure the transition is good. hence, not enough attention to give to Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, +666