ROM Hack Kid Icarus Control Mod?

t1op

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If is is possible, I would really enjoy a mod to Kid Icarus Uprisiing that allows for control with a second analogue stick, N3DS or Circle Control Pad.
Currently the game requires you to use the stylus to aim and turn while moving the left analogue stick (control scheme one) , or using the face buttons to move while aiming with the left analogue stick. (control scheme two).
The N3DS nub and CCP are supported by the game, but only as alternative means of controlling the input assigned to the left analogue stick. To use both sticks, it would be necessary to separate them from the left analogue stick. In control scheme one, the stylus input would need to be remapped to the right stick (this seems like the harder and more inaccurate option), or in control scheme two, remap the left analogue stick to the face buttons while the right stick retains aiming and turning.

Even the developers admit that mastering the controls as they are takes "hours" rather than minutes, not to mention a sore left hand, holding the system, controlling movement and pressing the trigger while the right hand only makes things worse while pressing constantly on the touch screen with the stylus. Control scheme two is less painful. But using face buttons in place of an analogue stick feels inaccurate and awkward. Even more awkward is using the left hand to aim and the right hand to move, which is backward from all modern Third Person Shooters.
I play games with my nieces and nephews. I would like to bring the game over with my several 3DSs and just start playing, rather than spending hours of painful play time trying to master the controls. At that point we're going to play another game. Unfortunately, this IS a fun game and unique in style... it just badly needs a control hack to be a fun party game for the family.
Can anyone help us?

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Tutimane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would finally play this game if it happened. They did something like this for Zelda Spirit tracks on ds.

Reactions: t1op

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1