Knights of the Old Republic II Switch Modding

habla2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok, so TGA heavy mods are a bit of a pain, because you have to convert all of them to TPC, which takes forever if the files are bigger than a a few MB.

Guess we still have to decide what mods are really necessary.

habla2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, using DrSnugglys Scripts i got TSLRCM and a few other mods working. Some mods still have problems though, when using TGA files with transparency. After converting them to TPC the texture in the game stays transparent and looks weird because you can look right through it.

Anyway its nice to use more mods than before and even TSLRCM.

GloriousCheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It's normal, just go into "movies" and look for TSLRCM credits. If it's there, that's a good sign.
Hi, I've actually found out why the main menu is different. It seems like you forgot to convert the tga textures to tpc, so the mod textures get overridden by the original textures.

PositiveFrequency

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I’m using yuzu on steam deck, am I able to use the TSLRCM and the buzzing sound fix mod?
This is actually my first play through of kotor 2. I’ve played kotor many times since its release and never thought the 2nd one could compare but after realizing that obsidian worked on this masterpiece as well as New Vegas I knew I had to give it a try and I’ve heard that it’s preferred to play it with that mod instead of vanilla

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
IF YOU ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS PLAY KOTOR 2 RESTORED CONTENT MOD AND THIS SEEMS TOO COMPLICATED:

Download and extract this to the root of your Switch's microSD card. You're done.

Thanks a lot for sharing this. A shame they abandoned the initial promise to include this with the port, but I really appreciate y'all's effort to build a working package.

Stellar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah I apologize I more or less abandoned KOTOR 2 switch modding mostly because the game has performance issues. I did do a full playthrough of the game and fixed bugs as I encountered them, so the bundle should work.

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
Interestingly, when I check the Movies menu, it appears the Opening Crawl entry was replaced by the TSLRCM Credits. But that's totally a non-issue for the tradeoff. Looking forward to playing the game this weekend. Thanks again. 👌

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thanks so much for compiling all these mods together into one easy to use file! They happen to be all the exact mods I wanted (except for playing as a Twi'lek Exile, but I can always try to add that myself later). Now I just need to finish a game to free up space on my SD card.

Reactions: Stellar
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but I'm having issues with the game crashing and missing dialog. I only downloaded and installed the first file. Am I supposed to do all 3? I was under the impression that the first one contained all of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch