Latest Genesis Plus GX Build Sega CD problem

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I just hooked up my Wii U for the first time in a while, and I wanted to update my apps. I opened Homebrew Browser and downloaded the latest Genesis Plus GX that they had, ran it and it worked great. But I wanted to get the latest build off of the github as I was pretty sure that it wasn't up on the Homebrew Browser server. Downloaded it, put it on my SDcard. But when I went to load a Sega CD game, the BIOS would boot but it didn't detect a CD. I hit reset, so that it thought the CD tray was ejected, hit start to pop it back in, and it still didn't detect a CD. It worked on the last version that Homebrew Browser had. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Edit: A solution was found, read below.

Last edited by Sowden,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hey guys. I just hooked up my Wii U for the first time in a while, and I wanted to update my apps. I opened Homebrew Browser and downloaded the latest Genesis Plus GX that they had, ran it and it worked great. But I wanted to get the latest build off of the github as I was pretty sure that it wasn't up on the Homebrew Browser server. Downloaded it, put it on my SDcard. But when I went to load a Sega CD game, the BIOS would boot but it didn't detect a CD. I hit reset, so that it thought the CD tray was ejected, hit start to pop it back in, and it still didn't detect a CD. It worked on the last version that Homebrew Browser had. Am I missing something? Thanks.
That's strange.

I've used latest builds of Genesis Plus GX without too many issues.
What is the format of your Sega CD ROMs? (ISO+CUE, BIN+CUE, ISO+OGG+CUE, etc.?)
And are your ROMs of Sega CD in the correct MODE2048 (I think?) format?

For check how are these ROMs and if they boot correctly, try booting it on the Genesis Plus GX core of RetroArch (on PC) or Kega Fusion (also on PC).

I will try with my few Sega CD games i've got on my SD card.

EDIT: The format for ISO files MUST BE MODE2048, NOT MODE2352, i was wrong :P

Last edited by SaulFabre,
Reactions: jeannotte

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
That's strange.

I've used latest builds of Genesis Plus GX without too many issues.
What is the format of your Sega CD ROMs? (ISO+CUE, BIN+CUE, ISO+OGG+CUE, etc.?)
And are your ROMs of Sega CD in the correct MODE2048 (I think?) format?

For check how are these ROMs and if they boot correctly, try booting it on the Genesis Plus GX core of RetroArch (on PC) or Kega Fusion (also on PC).

I will try with my few Sega CD games i've got on my SD card.

EDIT: The format for ISO files MUST BE MODE2048, NOT MODE2352, i was wrong :P
bump, message edited

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a solution was found. In case anyone else can find this, if you delete your config.ini file (in sd:/genplus), then it will work properly again. You will have to reinput your settings though.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Reactions: RunningSnakes

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just checked out of curiosity. I was able to compile this with no issues. I like the challenge of trying to compile stuff, you learn a lot in the process, especially with linux, but this is through cmd prompt:

1655306515218.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU