Hacking Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition - Dios Mios issue

gooddegenerate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason when I load up Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition onto dios mios, the game selection
menu loads fine but when I pick a game and try to load it, the screen goes blank and the wii either
remains on with a blank screen or goes back to the system menu. I've tried DMlite 6.0 and DM 6.0
and I'm using USB Loader GX r1204.

The reason I want this GC title to work is because Majora's mask doesn't work for me as a virtual
console title and it's included in the Collector's Edition package. I've done wii64 but there is
terrible frame lag at some points and I'd really like to have all my games direct from USB loader GX
anyway.

What this seems like to me is similar to where you used to need alt .dol's for games like Metroid
Prime Trilogy and whatnot. Of course I'm sure it's not exactly the same.

What can I do to fix LoZ: Collector's Edition with dios mios?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As already mentioned, try it with a disc in your disc drive. Along with NoDisc not working, it apparently doesn't work if it's in an extracted file format.

However, I'm more interested in why Majora's Mask VC won't work on your Wii.

gooddegenerate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't think it's extracted file format, as it's in ISO form. But I have usb loader GX r1204 and dios mios lite 2.6. It didn't work with that. I've tried regular dios mios as well. Loads the games menu but when you select a game, black screen.

But I've yet to try it with a disc in the drive. Any gamecube disc will do? Like should I put the disc in, then boot up the game? Also, do I need to set the "no disc" option to on or off?

And the reason Majora's Mask VC don't work on my wii is because I have d2xcios and apparently it doesn't work with that combined with usb loader GX, and just loads the N64 spinning logo.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want to put a disc in your disc drive (any disc should do), turn off the NoDisc option, and boot the game. This is apparently required to play Zelda Collector's Edition.

And it sounds to me like you could solve your problem by installing Majora's Mask VC to your system menu or SD card and play it normally.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ere.
Well I don't think it's extracted file format, as it's in ISO form. But I have usb loader GX r1204 and dios mios lite 2.6. It didn't work with that. I've tried regular dios mios as well. Loads the games menu but when you select a game, black screen.

But I've yet to try it with a disc in the drive. Any gamecube disc will do? Like should I put the disc in, then boot up the game? Also, do I need to set the "no disc" option to on or off?

And the reason Majora's Mask VC don't work on my wii is because I have d2xcios and apparently it doesn't work with that combined with usb loader GX, and just loads the N64 spinning logo.
This has nothing to do with your problem concerning DMIOS.
REDUMP your game, work flawless h

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the "NoDisc option" does absolutely nothing. (ON or OFF is exactly the same thing!)
It's there as a decoy, a glory of the past for users who used to use that option and the loader is letting them know that "this option is not used anymore".

Apparently, the loader telling "it's not used anymore" is not enough for users to understand that it's not needed to enable it and has no effect, so in r1205 I removed it completely.

It told the user to put a disc in the drive if they wanted to trigger the same feature that the old "noDisc" option did.
I deleted that option fully, now users will have to go to forums and compatibility list to learn that they need to put a disc in the drive for some games. (instead of trying it themselves).
Like when they needed to go to forums and compatibility list telling them to enable "noDisc" option instead of trying it themselves. No difference there ;)

Olle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you so much for this! I just needed to but a random disc in my wii with really nothing on it xD

I do prefer the 3ds games by now though but I don't really like spending money..
Although i played my friend's ocarina of time 3ds game and I enjoyed it a lot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3