Gaming Lego City Undercover - Does playing it from the USB get rid of those load times?

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have this game installed onto USB, below are some quick tests:

- Launching the game from the WiiU Menu, it took around 1m:03s to reach the title screen.
- Created a new game and it took around 1m:05s to get into the game.

Did the above test a few times and the times taken each time are pretty close

If your having long loading times from the retail disc, looks like installing to USB doesn't improve for this game, for long term, it would be a good idea to try and install any retail disc games you have to USB, this will preserve and not wear out the laser in the drive.

I'm using a 2TB USB3.0 Toshiba USB HDD with Y cable, with 645GB free space, I have EVERY single EUR/PAL retail game installed.

Last edited by xs4all,

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
I have this game installed onto USB, below are some quick tests:

- Launching the game from the WiiU Menu, it took around 1m:03s to reach the title screen.
- Created a new game and it took around 1m:05s to get into the game.

Did the above test a few times and the times taken each time are pretty close

If your having long loading times from the retail disc, looks like installing to USB doesn't improve for this game, for long term, it would be a good idea to try and install any retail disc games you have to USB, this will preserve and not wear out the laser in the drive.

I'm using a 2TB USB3.0 Toshiba USB HDD with Y cable, with 645GB free space, I have EVERY single EUR/PAL retail game installed.

Thanks for checking, really useful. Its odd that it doesn't work on this game but the Switch port has long loading gaps as well which made me think it was just how it was coded because most other Wii U titles have a noticeable speed increase on USB vs disc plus you've got the preservation thing as you mentioned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3