Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Will the regionthree exploit work if I have a Japanese new 3ds on 9.1 fw and I want to use a North American OOT?
Will I be able to install gateway that way? ThanksXD

There is no way for me to get OOT or Cubic Ninja in Japanese so I may be in a pinch here ...

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, can I format EmuNAND on one 3DS, install some CIAs/roms on EmuNAND, make saves on it then move that same SD Card to another hacked 3DS and expect it to work?

APyroli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to make sure: I have an old 3ds 9.4 E, can I upgrade it on 9.9 (the last version) and still have my gateway card working fine? I should say that I don't have a gateway yet, but I'm planning on buying one soon.
Thank you :)

RainThunder

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question, can I format EmuNAND on one 3DS, install some CIAs/roms on EmuNAND, make saves on it then move that same SD Card to another hacked 3DS and expect it to work?
Nope. Btw, you can backup or restore your save files using SaveDataFiler.
Just to make sure: I have an old 3ds 9.4 E, can I upgrade it on 9.9 (the last version) and still have my gateway card working fine? I should say that I don't have a gateway yet, but I'm planning on buying one soon.
Gateway card doesn't work on 9.3 - 9.9 3DS.

APyroli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks a lot. I think i mistook emuNAND for sysNAND or the other way around. Is there anywhere an explanation on the difference between them?

opal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I haven't used my 3ds (old) in a while and now I want to update my gateway.
Now I have emunand 9.2.0, is it safe to update to the GW 3.4 “Ultra” Public BETA so I can also update emumand to 9.9.0?
Will I lose anything?

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France

You can upgrade to 9.9. Since your 3ds is on 9.4, GW won't work. GW won't work on a firmware higher than 9.2

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there,

I have an old 3DS 9.2.0-20E and an emunand from gateway3DS on 10.0.0-27E. Now I backuped the game Zelda: Majoras Mask and his savegame. Now I want to run Majoras Mask on the gateway emunand with the backuped savegame. But it says that the savefile is corrupted and it deletes it. My game has the ending .3dz and the savefile has the right titleID 0004000000125600. Is it possible to get the backuped savegame to work or doesn't it work now because of the new encryption?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the N3DS (nonXL), is there any benefit to having a 9.0J firmware compared to a 9.2J firmware?

Also, is it possible to update to 9.0J from 8.1J? (I am aware that 9.2J exists on the Sm4sh [J] cart)

hairyfairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can upgrade to 9.9. Since your 3ds is on 9.4, GW won't work. GW won't work on a firmware higher than 9.2

great! nobody cares about gw, and the gw mafia doesn't care about its customers (as if they ever did). so you could say open src cfw killed the market for commercial exploits that enabled software piracy?

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having some problems, I'm setting up a n3ds for the first time(9.0.0-20U) and I can boot emumand OK. But when I try to install the MSET part, it seems that is not working.
I go to NVRAM INSTALL on the gateway menu and then import the mset_usa.cia and reboot the console. When I go to settings is like I didn't install anything.
I'm using the files that come with the recent GW release, any ideas what could be wrong?

A7MAD

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Is it possible to delete downloaded update ? Put the thing in sleep mode and wifi is on ... if possible please explain .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk