List strange, obsecure, and downright frustrating glitches you've experienced

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Playing Mega Man X and fighting Wolf Sigma. Was unlucky enough to have beat him while he defeated me too at the same time... game never continues after that happens, instead the text box where he starts talking to you appears and gets stuck so I had to reset the console >:C

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Playing Mega Man X and fighting Wolf Sigma. Was unlucky enough to have beat him while he defeated me too at the same time... game never continues after that happens, instead the text box where he starts talking to you appears and gets stuck so I had to reset the console >:C
Did you 100% the game up to this point (all parts, all heart containers, all reserve tanks, hadouken)?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh right, in Leage of Legends our team broke the enemies nexus just as they surrendered, and it caused a double explosion. Basically the nexus exploded, then half a second later it exploded again.

P

pasc

EXE 4 using a Popup Chip while an enemy stands on yourside of the field.
Then reappear and: Boom. Dead.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One I can remember from years ago was a glitch in LotR:TT for the GBA, for some reason the game started to freak out and all the enemies I killed started to run away underneath the background. That was a weird sight.
And there was one near the end of Bioshock Infinite, it was at the part where you have to defend your airship. I died and finished the mission at the same time, this caused my character to get stuck in the same place. Even reloading the save didn't work, so I had to restart from an earlier part. That glitch in particular really annoyed me.

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did you 100% the game up to this point (all parts, all heart containers, all reserve tanks, hadouken)?

Yes, I had collected every single item in the game so it was even more frustrating. Sure I could skip the 8 mavericks with a password, but I'd still have to go through Armored Armadillo's stage repeatedly to get the hadouken and then pass every single Sigma stage too.

As a side note, I had never gotten the hadouken before that one time and thought that maybe something would change in the ending after getting such secretive powerup.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A few (tool-assisted) speedruns abuse a glitch in Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) whereby you can save while in the air; reload and you can go from one screen to another while you're under the floor.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I remember "hidden and dangerous" being so full of glitches that I wonder how I ever finished the game. It was as if there was no time for beta testing, as simply saving while any of your men was crouched and then loading the game had them floating in mid-air (lesson: do NOT save when hiding nearby enemies). And there was one level where I had to go from A to B, but there were so many spots where you could fall through the level that I had to make a detour. And of course saving every 10 meters or so.

But the game that stands out most is borderlands. For some reason, it sometimes just randomly quits the game with an obscure unrealEd message. And yes, it was the latest patch and video drivers (I picked it up in a gaming bin probably a couple years after release).
Too bad, as that was the main reason never to buy borderlands 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land