Gaming Looking for a game recommendation...

RisnDevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have to build the clock before I tell the time on this one:

My wife has recently gotten into gaming. It started with freemium games on her iPhone (Dragon Vale, City of Wonder, Fairy Farm, etc) which resulted in me getting Rune Factory Frontier (Wii) for her to try: she fell in love with the game. BUT, it has not been perfect: some times she wants a game that is more action/hand-and-slash dungeon-rpg, others something that is more "farm/town" management but less tedious. I know about Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing but I am looking for more, as thematically similar to this as possible. If I were to create an "itemized list" of what I am looking for, it would look like this:

-Overall casual in gameplay. Whether an RPG or "sim" style game nothing overwhelming. (I think she CAN handle it, but she doesn't want to be overwhelmed by the game/system.)

-While casual, compelling story.

-Preferably RPG (ish).

I know I am asking alot, but any help with ideas would be great.

RisnDevil

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, Im gonna suggest Xenoblade.
It is quite easy to learn, has an awesome story, and a lot of side quests.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Little king's story, perhaps? :)

Maybe games where you control minions (overlord 2, pikmin 2) are good as well, but the former didn't get much praise (dunno why...it's pretty fun if you like playing the bad guy) and the latter is Europe only (I think).

Xenoblade's pretty good, but I wouldn't consider it casual. Oh, and it's not out in the US region.
Perhaps Final Fantasy Christal Cronicles: my life as a king (wiiware) will be liked as well. I'd recommend FFCC: darklord, but that's more of a tower defense game than an RPG.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If pills could make us full with all the probiotics we need would being a pill popper still be bad