• Color/colour

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you really need that pea green LCD retro feel I'd go with some form of either the GB Pocket or import the GB Light (which is a pocket basically but uses an indiglo screen that lights up in the dark.) The Pocket used 2 AAAs and the GB Light has 2 AAs. Batteries aren't cheap if you slam through them, but if you get an energizer kit with 4 batteries and a charger for maybe $20~ you'll be set. I did that back in the GBC/A (pre SP) era and it did wonders and lasted the life of the need of them and then some. If you figure you'll end up buying a big of box of batteries about the same cost that are one shot use it makes sense.

If you can take it, just because it opens up a few more games and is still 90s retro I'd get a GBC. If the lack of a light there bugs you, there's a stupid easy way to fix that cheap. You can get a Kitsch Bent LCD for $12 and add that right in with 2 solder points, or you can find a broken SP 001 system, harvest the light panel from it, and slide that into the GBC frame and it works nicely too. Both are obviously optional if you have a good light source or are outside enough it won't really be necessary.

ZakDendy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Too much to quote you all! But thanks to all of you guys, given me much further insight to this world! Guess I will keep researching and saving money and will probably end up with the whole array;) at that point I could decide my favourite! Thanks guys:)

garbanzox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could just take your SP and put in an original Game Boy housing. You get the retro look and feel, but the advantage of something with a proper backlight, not to mention it will be compatible with every Game Boy/Color/Advance game.

wolffangalchemist did this mod for me. I sent him an AGS-101 and an old black Play it Loud! DMG-01. The mod turned out great - he even put the AGS battery inside the GB.

I already have an AGB-001 modded with an AGS-101 screen so I didn't have him do any modifications to the slot on this one, I kept it GB/GBC only. I just have an Everdrive-GB plugged in with all GB & GBC games loaded on it :)

RBU086g.jpg

suoDIkY.jpg

ZakDendy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wolffangalchemist did this mod for me. I sent him an AGS-101 and an old black Play it Loud! DMG-01. The mod turned out great - he even put the AGS battery inside the GB.

I already have an AGB-001 modded with an AGS-101 screen so I didn't have him do any modifications to the slot on this one, I kept it GB/GBC only. I just have an Everdrive-GB plugged in with all GB & GBC games loaded on it :)

RBU086g.jpg

suoDIkY.jpg
Looks sweet! How much did you pay? Shipping costs?

Just need to get hold of an ags101 screen:(

garbanzox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I had to buy the AGS and the DMG, and I think I paid around $100 for the services and shipping. It's a pretty heavy mod and it took a lot of effort. The DMG board has to be cut to leave the buttons but remove the processor and other bits. Then the AGS board has to be wired in to the button board, the volume potentiometer, and the cart slot. It took a few weeks, but it was worth it :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2