Hacking Looking into getting a Gateway, have a couple questions

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am looking into getting a Gateway once support for 3DS firmware 9.2 is released and I have a few questions. My 3DS is firmware 9.2.0-20

1. What places would you recommend getting the Gateway from?

2. Should I get a Gateway once firmware support is out, or should I wait until the New 3DS comes out in America before I get it? Or should I import a new 3DS from Europe?

3. Once the New 3DS comes out in America, should I sell my old 3DS and just use the gateway on the new 3ds or should I keep the old 3ds?

4. Do you think the current Gateway card will be able to play New 3DS games or will it require a new gateway card?

5. Does the Gateway just emulate 3DS games or can it also emulate old games that the Supercard DSTwo can emulate?

6. Is there a way to back up save files for my physical 3ds games and copy them to the gateway?

Can't think of anything else. Thank you for answering.

Dont Worry About it

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Check Gateway's official retailer list from their website.
2) Depends, do you have a 3DS that GW supports?
3) The USA N3DS probably will be above 9.2, and thus won't be supported. Maybe GW will have later support by then, but unlikely.
4) We don't know yet, since there aren't any N3DS exclusives, but probably.
5) GW doesn't do emulation.

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Check Gateway's official retailer list from their website.
2) Depends, do you have a 3DS that GW supports?
3) The USA N3DS probably will be above 9.2, and thus won't be supported. Maybe GW will have later support by then, but unlikely.
4) We don't know yet, since there aren't any N3DS exclusives, but probably.
5) GW doesn't do emulation.

1. I mean which of those is recommended? When I ordered my Supercard DSTwo, I ordered it off one of the suggested websites on the website for the card and got my credit card information stolen.

2. My 3DS is firmware 9.2.0-20, which will be supported by the next gateway firmware update.

5. GW plays 3DS roms on it... That is indeed emulation.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1. I mean which of those is recommended? When I ordered my Supercard DSTwo, I ordered it off one of the suggested websites on the website for the card and got my credit card information stolen.

2. My 3DS is firmware 9.2.0-20, which will be supported by the next gateway firmware update.

Nope, there's no emulation going on in there, just file system redirection. But on-topic, the Gateway itself emulates nothing and plays nothing but 3DS ROMs. However, there are a few emulators (in the form of 3DS ROMs) for SNES and the like. However, if all you're looking for in that department is regular DS ROMs, Gateway sells two cards together, one for 3DS ROMs and one for DS ROMs. That said, the DS one currently doesn't work in the latest firmware (it's designed to run in the 4.5 3DSs that can run the 3DS card as well) and doesn't appear to be updateable, but only time will tell.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I am looking into getting a Gateway once support for 3DS firmware 9.2 is released and I have a few questions. My 3DS is firmware 9.2.0-20

1. What places would you recommend getting the Gateway from?

2. Should I get a Gateway once firmware support is out, or should I wait until the New 3DS comes out in America before I get it? Or should I import a new 3DS from Europe?

3. Once the New 3DS comes out in America, should I sell my old 3DS and just use the gateway on the new 3ds or should I keep the old 3ds?

4. Do you think the current Gateway card will be able to play New 3DS games or will it require a new gateway card?

5. Does the Gateway just emulate 3DS games or can it also emulate old games that the Supercard DSTwo can emulate?

6. Is there a way to back up save files for my physical 3ds games and copy them to the gateway?

Can't think of anything else. Thank you for answering.

1. Ive got mine from YeahGeek.com and I can personally vouch for them.

2. When the N3DS hits the US the firmware version is gonna be above 9.2 so if youre looking for a N3DS as well now would be the time to import one.

3. Look at number 2.

4. No one knows it but they never failed so far so I guess its gonna run them sooner or later.

5. GW offers a kernel exploit which in short gives you full acces to your 3DS, that includes playing "old games" via emulator and many other things.

6. A save dongle could do that for you.

Dont Worry About it

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1) Doesn't really matter, just order from a place that ships from your country.
2) Good; hold onto that system.
5) Emulation has nothing to do with it. It runs the ROMs natively on the 3DS system. Emulation typically involves dynamic recompilation of other platform's code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    call sps
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hey mine helps me in the shower lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We went to a place in a mall where they let you play with some consoles for like an hour
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I choose the nintendo switch and I played smash ultimate and Mario wonder
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    It was fun
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also i'm back at my house
    Smash bros sounds like gay incest lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And Mario Wonder sounds like a Mario with old timers disease walking the streets lost.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shove a gerbil through a tube
    +2
    Warp pipe Ken lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ring actually helped and I didn't have to cuss out the guy in arabic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They help you delete some incriminating videos?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No you asked for proof that your wife was finally leaving
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh I had her chipped, I always know where she is.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I found where it was
    +1
    If I could halucinAte this is what I imagine it would look like?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Featuring Taylor swift
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, pubg should've never blown up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut do you mean? Pubg is alright, I play it with a few buddies online.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the game itself is ok, but it's influence is the problem
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Call of duty is a good Fortnite skin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    call of duty and fortnite, ex-fucking-actly
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    without pubg popping off, fortnite wouldn't add battle royale, and call of duty wouldn't go even shittier than it did before because of blackout, warzone and dmz
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: without pubg popping off, fortnite wouldn't add battle royale, and call of duty wouldn't go even...