Hacking Lost in so many information, need help to switch to sx pro

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,
currently i use rajnx with fw 5.X (installed with choidujour) and option to prevent gamecontroller update.
i also have a clean backup of 3.0.2 (i think) when i first started modding my switch to cfw.
I want to switch to sx pro now because of hdd support as i only play stationary on my tv.

So what exactly do i have to do ? Is a full recovery of my first backup recommended ?
What happens to fuses and gamecontroller if i want to play latest games ? if i update with sxpro to 6.2 will the gc update and will my fses burn ?
That way i never could get back to the clean state of my 3.0.2 backup, which i want to keep if possible.
If someone guide me in the right direction with which steps i have to take and what to take care of to achieve my goal of not burning fuses and not updating gc.
oh and i also installed exfat with choidujour if that is important in any case. i guess for sx pro its not necessary to activate exfat like for cfw ?

Help is much appeciated, thanks

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
look this is my point of view, my point of view, if you doing anything CFW wise at some point you will get banned so saving your fuse's using a DNS going in flightmode , you just putting your self in the banned box anyway, which is the same as beening banded can't play online bla bla bla, if you want to play online ONLY USE a SWITCH that has NOT run any type of CFW , people will say do nand backup save your fuses , but the amount of post you read where people have problems after they do a nand back up saving fuses, trying to run games that NEED a higher FW on a lower FW having issues with emunand and moving that to higher emunand , if you want ONLINE get a new switch and use it , jut give up on trying to save your switch for the day when you can, because that whole time that you do you have just banned your self , which is the same if Ninty did, ie no playing online etc
what i would do and i have done , format your SD card blank , and yes i use Exfat , not had any issues running it that way, dont care about cheats etc, yes i have read about "what could happen" but i want to just PLAY not have to worry about the FEAR of something going wrong with the SD card, which is why i make BACKUPS of my SDcard , so if something dose, i have the files waiting for me on my desktop to copy across to a reformatted or NEW SD card , so exfat FEAR is not a big deal, it just dumb thinking it is.

what i would do is BACKUP anything you want off your sd card ,ie homebrew that you have setup etc , backup the Nintendo folder ,
Format your SD card as Exfat copy back your switch and Nintendo folders , pop it back in your switch and turn it on with NO RCM no CFW etc JUST NORMAL BOOT and just update
once that is done turn off your switch take out your SD card setup your SX PRO files on your SD card ie BOOT.dat and off you go.

I have mine running off a hard drive 2TB never leaves my TV and if i do, ie going on a trip i just copy the XCI i want to play to my sd card with SX installer.
I find that THINGS just work, yes i am banned , bu hey i don't care about Nintys Online i get gameupdates the other way and install them as NSP, and i just use choidujour to update if i need do, ie when i new update comes out.

You can read lots and lots of posts all fear based of what could happen if you don't do this and don't do that, you just putting your self in the banned corner anyway, which is what i was doing to my self and I got banned so i went the SX PRO way.

the only thing i dont run in SX PRO is choidujour i have a another small SD card 8GB setup for it, i just went to sdsetup.com used that website to set the card up i just pick the Kosmos Defaults andi tick the box for the hekate payload and i copy the hekate bin file to my 8gb sd card that i have just setup Kosmos on ,then i copied the choidujour nro to the switch folder and i copy what ever update is the newset at the time to my SD card .
and if i need to update i shut down my switch take out my SX PRO SD card put in my 8GB sd which is setup with Kosmos use the SX PRO dongle and what not to boot in to RCM go to options and pick payloads and then i a in , and if you have used choidujour before, youo will know what do do , after choidujour and the Switch has done it thing i shut down pop back in my SX PRO SD card and fire her up again place it back on my dock pick up my pro controller and play, I use my switch more now then i ever did , that's my two cents worth, others will say different , but that is coming from a fear based point of view ie you might get banned , so hey i will just self ban my self , which is dumb

Last edited by fixingmytoys,

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanks mate, i too don´t care too much for online play, but having a console which is able to go back as low as possible fw is still nice to have.
we all don´t know what may come in the future for lower fw with coldboot cfw. looking forward to this years ccc :) may have some good surprises

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Mine 99% never gets turned off , as it lives in the dock apart from the odd os update , I do love FTP so not worried about cold boot , when it dose come out, I just buy a 2nd switch

Reactions: SonGoku78

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello,
currently i use rajnx with fw 5.X (installed with choidujour) and option to prevent gamecontroller update.
i also have a clean backup of 3.0.2 (i think) when i first started modding my switch to cfw.
I want to switch to sx pro now because of hdd support as i only play stationary on my tv.

So what exactly do i have to do ? Is a full recovery of my first backup recommended ?
What happens to fuses and gamecontroller if i want to play latest games ? if i update with sxpro to 6.2 will the gc update and will my fses burn ?
That way i never could get back to the clean state of my 3.0.2 backup, which i want to keep if possible.
If someone guide me in the right direction with which steps i have to take and what to take care of to achieve my goal of not burning fuses and not updating gc.
oh and i also installed exfat with choidujour if that is important in any case. i guess for sx pro its not necessary to activate exfat like for cfw ?

Help is much appeciated, thanks
Your fuses won't burn as long as you use ChoiDujourNX to update. I suggest using emuNAND (hidden partition type), set it up and make sure it works, then restore your clean backup to sysNAND and use that for online if you want, keeping it clean and using emuNAND for all your CFW needs.
SX doesn't have the nogc patch though. Shouldn't really be much of an issue since you can update your sysNAND to the latest after restoring the clean backup.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This what I mean ^ for me to much stuffing around just to play, it is a 100% you will get banned if you use any type of cfw even just homebrew, which is why my point of view is online with a clean switch, just update run SX PRO and you can run your XCI off a USB hard drive, up to you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    btei @ btei: why does blue flavour taste so yummay