Shtroodle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*spoiler warning*

This was one of the most dissapointing episodes imaginable. I really "liked" how they tried to put all the pieces of the storyline in one confusing and messed up finale - the appearance of Walt (who, by the way, has grown up quite a bit), the "resurrected" Locke, who walks to the radio station and kills that girl on what basis? The suicidal tendencies of Charlie, who could have closed that bulkhead door from the other side, etc, etc, etc... Super weak script and a very "surprising" ending (guess they had to have one of those, right?), that left me yawning made the next season almost obsolete. I don't really care what happened to them afterwards, and I'm not sure I'll give a damn in February.
No offense meant to those who liked the finale - just my 5 minutes of ranting, that's all.

HelloKitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1...erclipping2.jpg

http://bp0.blogger.com/_8HhjIy50yEY/Rlfhr2...pping2+copy.jpg

so a man with a name starting with J, I doubt it would be John as he would have never left the island.

edit:
just found this

QUOTE said:
"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue.

Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft.

Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room.

According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son.

Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."

after a bit more research

QUOTE"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after
4am in the 4300 block of Grand avenue. Ted Wordern, a doorman at the Tower Lofts Complex heard loud noises coming from the victim’s loft. Concerned for tenant safety, he entered the loft and found the Body hanging from a beam in the living room. According to Jamie Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Lantham is survived by one teenage son. Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs Drawlar funeral home tomorrow evening."

so maybe it's Micheal having changed his name

If its suicide, do they still consider him a "victim"?

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lost really ''lost'' me after the first season... it went a bit... no I'll say it different, it became a bit weird!
tongue.gif

sipoon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
When Jack was at the hospital, he mentioned to the other doctor
"Go see my father and see who is the bigger drunk"
or something to that effect....father is still alive?

where in the season finale was walt? I seemed to have missed that, anyone has time code for it?

Suranwrap

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
the season finale was 2 hours, you might have only saw the last hour.

One theory could be Jack is trying to go back to the island again. He might have been there more than once. Just like Desmond geting the visions and he wants to go back and fix it.
In the first show you see him wake up in the jungle smiling like he is glad to be there.
And he goes to work helping everyone.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As for where Walt was:

Walt was standing on top of the mass grave that Locke had been lying in. Locke cannot move his legs. Feeling like he was paralyzed again, Locke finds a gun and attempts to commit suicide. Just as he's about to pull the trigger, an image of Walt appears and tells Locke to get up because "he has work to do."

UncleChuckle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Something just occured to me. I'm an avid Lost fan. ALMOST gave up this season, but stuck with it. Very glad I did.

We're all making one very big assumption. That whoever was in that coffin is someone we know. There's 48 more episodes for a new character to be introduced. So all the speculation may be for nought.

Not only that, perhaps the bloody writers don't know who is in there either. The name doesn't match anyone we currently know.

I thought the finale was awesome. I've watched it twice (once on my own, once with the wife) and it was just as good second time around. (I was still swearing at the screen at certain bits.)

I love the fact that viewers want answers, so when we get them, we're left with more questions. Lost is one of the most interesting shows, conceptually, on TV. As was said on CHUD about the finale, the writers just basically smacked all these Lost wannabe shows (Heroes for example) around by showing how it really SHOULD be done.

We know they get off the island. Perhaps the biggest question of all... THEY GET OFF... Now we want to know why, at what price etc... Absolutely brilliant writing I think.

Can't see how Walt can come back unless it's in flash forwards. When he appeared in the finale, for crying out loud, his voice has broken, he's about a foot taller now... Clearly puberty has hit. No way can they come back full time. (And I hope he and his Dad don't, as they are the only characters in the show who annoy me. Well, Locke is kinda irritating as well.)

I love "Lost", I really do. First show since "Babylon 5" that rewards long time viewers IMO.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*spoiler warning*

This was one of the most dissapointing episodes imaginable. I really "liked" how they tried to put all the pieces of the storyline in one confusing and messed up finale - the appearance of Walt (who, by the way, has grown up quite a bit), the "resurrected" Locke, who walks to the radio station and kills that girl on what basis? The suicidal tendencies of Charlie, who could have closed that bulkhead door from the other side, etc, etc, etc... Super weak script and a very "surprising" ending (guess they had to have one of those, right?), that left me yawning made the next season almost obsolete. I don't really care what happened to them afterwards, and I'm not sure I'll give a damn in February.
No offense meant to those who liked the finale - just my 5 minutes of ranting, that's all.

Dude I agree with you fully. I was totally disappointed with the 2hr Season Finale. I've had enough of the flashback, now flashforwards... enough!

Once jack expressed his love for Kate I thought Oh man, here's another soap opera. I've watched Lost from day 1. I've put up with all the crazy twists and lame flashbacks (If I see another Jin flashback from Korea I'm gonna shoot my TV).

Walt appearing on the island was not Walt. I get that. Walt appear before and it's clear that it is an illusion of the island, but why Walt? Remember Walt is supposed to have some special power that we have not yet been exposed to.

Somehow I get the feeling that when we get all of the answers it's going to be disappointing. All I can say now is I can easily wait until Feb.

I guess I am the only one that like the Heroes finale. How else do you conslude a story in 42 min. At least the did closure and didn't drag the Syler story into anotehr Season. I enjoyed Heroes way more than Lost. Just my 2 cents...

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've not read a word of this thread, but I just wanted to say that my girlfriend and I have just started watching Lost from the first season and I like it a lot.
smile.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't get what Jack did say about his dad being a bigger drunk. Jacks dads dead. Also remember when he went for some more tablets and his dad was meant to have made it out. I don't think it will start show lost off the island as theirs too many questions. Who say they are all going to be rescued this time? It might be another time they got rescued. Maybe Jack was just dreaming.

I think Bens right though that something is going to happen now Jack has contacted the boat. I don't think charlie is dead either. Some how hes going to get out of it.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In the final scene its made clear that Kate is in a relationship with someone (so I'm guessing its Sawyer), but that still leaves the guy in the coffin.

Why would she be worried about seeing Jack if Sawyer was the person she 'had to get back' to?

Because of the sawyer/kate/jack love-triangle?

Not really, then she'd just be like "Oh, I saw Jack" to Sawyer, she had an urgency when she told Jack she had to go.

@Adgloride: The hobbit is dead. Permanently. You can quote me on that come next year.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In the final scene its made clear that Kate is in a relationship with someone (so I'm guessing its Sawyer), but that still leaves the guy in the coffin.

Why would she be worried about seeing Jack if Sawyer was the person she 'had to get back' to?

Because of the sawyer/kate/jack love-triangle?

Not really, then she'd just be like "Oh, I saw Jack" to Sawyer, she had an urgency when she told Jack she had to go.

Maybe. But anything could have happened while they were escaping the island. Maybe they fought over kate?

Its a love triangle and us men are violent monkeys at times
wink.gif

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE([M) said:
artin,Jun 3 2007, 02:42 AM]What the newspaper obituary dealie really says [Name ends with -antham so...]

Look carefully and you'll see that the first name starts with J. So we're looking for J___ __antham

**edit** google tells me most forums are saying John Lantham, but it could just as easily be Jobe or Jack (why not?). Whoever it is, he's probably someone we haven't seen yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.