Hacking Lots of 3ds questions

YouShouldHelpMe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First off I'd like to notify you all that I'm a complete dumbass when it comes to things like hacking and using nintendo products, so please excuse me or "dumb it down" when you're talking about certain terms.

So I've recently been viewing ebay for a 3DS XL when I saw a cheap one that also included mario kart 7, I was happy with the sellers reputation and decided to do abit of research before I decided to buy it. That's when I noticed the 3DS XL had a region lock with it. I currently live in Australia and the 3DS I wanted to purchase was from the US, this was sort of a good and bad thing.

Also if you could put the number first so I know which question your answering, it would make reading it ALOT easier (e.g 1. It works fine)

Now onto the questions:
1. How does spot pass and streetpass work? Will people with australian 3DS's be able to communicate with my American 3DS? SOME WHAT ANSWERED

2. Can I play online games with people in australia, e.g My friend came over and we wanted to have a game of mario, he had a australian 3DS and mario kart game could we still play together

3. Can I play with other people around the world e.g say I'm lying in my bed and I want to join a random mario kart 7 game with a few random people online would that work?

4. Do pokemon events work? e.g A new pokemon event for X, Y came out and I have my American 3DS could I just go to some australian game store/toys r us and I would be able redeem the item/pokemon.

5. Would DS games and GBA games work on the 3DS? ANSWERED

6. How would using an r4 chip work? Would I need a specific r4 chip for a specific region and must I download a specific version of a rom so the 3ds recognises it as a american game? SOMEWHAT ANSWERED

7. With an r4 chip can you play multiplayer? e.g could I have a pokemon battle with some random stranger that has a legit copy of the game? ANSWERED

9. Do you need a specific action replay device so it can be used on an american 3ds? ANSWERED

Thanks in advance.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
5 - DS games work, GBA games do not. They removed the GBA slot from the DS line years ago. There are a few GBA games virtually available, but only to "ambassador" consoles, and that time passed a while ago so only certain 3DS units have the games.

6 - Flash carts work the same as with the DS line, so all the info is in that section.
http://gbatemp.net/forums/nds-flashcarts-and-accessories.40/

7 - Yes.

9 (what happened to 8?) - There is no AR that works on 3DS games, there is a 3DS AR, but it only works on DS games and so runs in DS-mode, meaning it's not region-locked.

Reactions: YouShouldHelpMe

YouShouldHelpMe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
4 - DS games work, GBA games do not. They removed the GBA slot from the DS line years ago. There are a few GBA games virtually available, but only to "ambassador" consoles, and that time passed a while ago so only certain 3DS units have the games.

5 - Flash carts work the same as with the DS line, so all the info is in that section.
http://gbatemp.net/forums/nds-flashcarts-and-accessories.40/

6 - Yes.
Are you sure you didn't mess up the questions you were answering?

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Streetpass works, all online activity works like spotpass and multiplayer. Local multiplayer doesn't however, if you want to play against your friend then get his code and race against eachother through your internet connection instead. We don't know about future pokémon distribution yet but online events will be obtainable.
DS games plays on the 3DS but not GBA unless the 3DS is an Ambassador 3DS with the 10 GBA games included in the program.

DS flashcarts work but gets easily patched by Nintendo, your safest bet for that is getting a DSTWO, DS local multiplayer works as usual as DS games are region free the 3DS region only limits 3DS games, DS games run in DS mode.

There is no action replay for the 3DS or flashcart that can play 3DS specific software.

Reactions: YouShouldHelpMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3