Why not??? You can use C++ in DSGM!

DSGameMaker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dsgamemaker.com
XP
Country
devkitARM is licensed under GPL.. the user actually has the obligation to release the app under the same license since it uses devkitARM - open source! (however, how many homebrew makers follow this requirement in reality?)

We use C in DSGM. I really don't care for what C++ adds.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Xenon++ said:
lol xD that is a harsh reply, but then again it would be in the FAQ for a reason...I support your short reply since you probably know the licenses a hell of a lot more than I do.
Well,

>Can I use GPL-covered editors such as GNU Emacs to develop non-free programs? Can I use GPL-covered tools such as GCC to compile them?
Yes, because the copyright on the editors and tools does not cover the code you write.
And, libnds is under BSDL, newlib(libc) is under BSD-like license.

Before I come to NDS world I had a quarrel about GPL, so I have experienced a great hell.

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering, since I didn't get any concrete answer, what the M OSDS can do? Is it like MENUdo, or does it load music only like the iPlayer?
I'm confused.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bason230 said:
I was wondering, since I didn't get any concrete answer, what the M OSDS can do? Is it like MENUdo, or does it load music only like the iPlayer?
I'm confused.
For a concrete answer...well it was sort of supposed to be like MENUdo (have a bunch of apps and such). It could play music...specific requirements though...it had a voice recorder...of five seconds...it had a notepad sort of app...that could sort of be read on the computer if you did something to it...it had a screen lock similar to the iTouch...without being quite as slick...it had a screen saver...that really was just a flat screensaver (unlike Moonshell2 which has something helpful)...it didn't have nds file support...because it took too many files...it didn't have full mp3 support...for the same reason...all in all, a variety of things were completely limited because one, EVERYTHING was going to be kept in one .nds file (unlike DSOrganize and Moonshell2 which need their own subfolder) and two, it was using DSGM which is limiting unless you knew how to do the stuff that DSGM is a front-end for (this sort of thing holds true for all front-end stuff...like RPGMaker...you can use their stuff, or get to learning Ruby and RGSS for some finer customizations).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3