Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

M3 DS Simply/Real & G6 News

Yes, I still post news!

Many thanks to Danny at Team G6/M3 for the following news:

· More commercial changes are forthcoming to the M3 DS Simply. Due to a reported shortage, all future retail packaging will include only one color casing from now on. There is no word on if this is permanent or will also affect R4 and the upcoming G6 DS. Each color of white and dark grey will continue to be available. Future buyers will have to make a choice in advance, unlike the lucky buyers of the first batch.

· Retail production of the G6 DS 8GBit and 16GBit should be ready within a month and will find its way into stores shortly thereafter. G6 DS pricing is still to be announced, although Danny has stated that it will not be expensive.

· The team still intends on releasing the G6 Lite 8GBit, but it remains a possible candidate for cancellation.

· At the present time, M3Adapter.com's e-mail service is experiencing technical difficulties as well as a backlog of unanswered mail. If you have attempted to contact the team for any reason, you may wish to attempt again a week later. Of course, if you have any minor questions about their products, then you may always feel free to ask them here in our forums...and you should!

· My personal M3 DS Simply / R4 skins have been mentioned over at M3's News Section. They are available (and hosted thanks to shaunj66 and company) here at GBATemp. More skins will be forthcoming of course.

· Finally, to address the constant discussions involving M3 DS Real, Danny has confirmed that the team is currently developing a 32MB/256Mbit memory expansion cart that inserts into the Slot-2 bay of the DS. However, the mention of this accessory stems from a work-in-progress period. Until the final design and feature list is publically announced by Team G6/M3, please remember that this expansion cart is not guarenteed to become an official part of the M3 DS Real retail package.

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
anybody wants to buy replacement shell
rofl2.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe ds-xtreme should lower their price because this is getting better and more popular and more affordable than ds-xtreme. GEEZ!

bigboy85zz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so...im guessing the G6 DS is a slot 1 device? if so. i guess i can stick with my g6 lite for now and wait a little longer and compare it to the others before buying.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Need...more...new...news...about...Real... D: (Like, I dunno, a RELEASE DATE. *twitch*)
I hope the extension cart really does have the 32MB of ram to play GBA backups and for slot-1 homebrew that needed it *coughLemmingsDScough*, though I believe it will if the team says so (Why the development delays though? Couldn't they just take their RAM development from their M3s and use it for the expansion cart RAM?)
It would be cool if there was about 64 MB of internal memory in the slot-1 card for those few things that need super-fast access (Of course, keeping the TF card slot for expansion, like the GP2X with its SD and internal memory) More internal memory would be even better, but you don't really need a lot because of TF expansion, and 64MB keeps the cost down.
The expansion cart should have a built-in PDA thing as well... Like the one for the M3 and G6 that was never fully translated. >.>
Also, if the expansion cart doesn't come in "normal" and "lite" versions (the different cart sizes obviously) on release, there's going to be a problem...
[/ramble]

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still don't get what the M3 Real is. Is it the expansion cart (memory) or the successor of the M3 simply?
Or is it the combination of both?

It's nice to hear about the G6 DS. Nice to hear that more solutions are becoming hassle free (N-card/clones & G6 DS).

Skyhunterjim

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I still don't get what the M3 Real is. Is it the expansion cart (memory) or the successor of the M3 simply?
Or is it the combination of both?

My thoughts exactly. What is it??

My special magic insider clairvoyant abilities strongly suggest it's definitely nothing more than a memory expansion.Or not...Basically, I'm clueless.And meanlessly mumbling about.So, let's just stop here...or maybe...here.Yep.Seriously,I 've nothing more to say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8