Homebrew Magikarp: Custom Splash Screens Thread

Should this thread expand to include other splash screens?

• No, only ReiNand, AuReiNand and basic A9LH

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • No, only ReiNand and AuReiNand splash screens

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • No, only ReiNand

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Yes, only CFW splash screens (Includes RxTools, Cakes, etc.)

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Yes, any ReiNand, AuReiNand or A9LH (payload splashes. Doesn't include other CFW splashes)

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Yes, any and all splash screens

Votes: 49 43.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kuroi-Akira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Attached below are the .png, .gif and .bin files. Note that the .gif will only play if you use BootAnim9 (link above).

Sorry to bug but do I need to do anything aside from Setting up BootAnim9?
I tried using both the Raw & bin files (properly renamed according to the bootanim9 thread)
But none of the Files seem to work right, help would be appreciated.

EDIT: nevermind, I got it to work.

Last edited by Kuroi-Akira,
Reactions: rphlfjrd

martorSkul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
6VJQqcD.png
Vaporei

what font did you used here?

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This Is My Splash I Fused a couple for my blue 3ds xl and also added the bin files to ctrnand luma folder so splash boots without sd installed dopeness

View attachment 73478 View attachment 73479

View attachment 73478
View attachment 73479
That's super cool, how do I move luma to ctrnand? Do I just copy and paste luma from my sd card to the root of the ctrnand?
Also, is the bottom screen supposed to be animated when you boot up your 3ds? Because it isn't for me.

Last edited by Seliph,

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using a silent boot screen for A9LH.

Is there any way to restore the stock 3DS animation boot screen?

Red_Wolf1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i followed the instructions to a t, yet the bin seems to either be corrupted or something.... it never shows anything except a black screen when booting up, but other bins that i downloaded from here work fine. i wish i knew what was going on

Nocturnize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disclaimer: this is my first post in these forums, apologies in advance if this is not the right thread for this post.
One Piece - Fight Together Splash Screen
version A (static)
i2xsruy.png

n3qoXdh.png

View and download on 3dsthem.es

BootAnim9 version
giphy.gif

n3qoXdh.png

Download from mega (.rar)(25.9mb, 3/3/2017)

Alternate Bottom
bE56qjZ.png

Download from mega (.bin)(225kb, 3/5/2017)
Decryption Key: Ljaaz6cHSoY_WVIDnK2c3KvBhlSP2C3s5k6kBir49V0​

Splash Screen Button Layout
template by Nocturnize
w6H569B.png

xMPrpeA.png

Download from mega (.psd)(873 kb, 5/9/2017)​

For anyone using Photoshop, the .PSD file is extremely easy to edit and adapt to your 3DS version. Everyone else, feel free to hit me up and I'll personalize it myself for you whenever I'm free.

About me:
Previously known as a particular soul without a proper name, Nocturnize is the nickname I've decided to take upon. It is based off Hi-Rez Studios' interpretation of Nox, goddess of night, as seen in the game SMITE.

I'm using the animated version on my N3DSXL 11.3. It's about ~12 seconds long, but don't forget skipping is available by pressing R + Start at the same time during its playback. Otherwise, it's truly a beauty to look at.

Last edited by Nocturnize,

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Luma3DS version 7.0 added chainloader selector menu which can be called with START on boot. So, the START payload(e.g. start_GodMode9.bin) now has to be booted with L+START instead of just START.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Luma3DS version 7.0 added chainloader selector menu which can be called with START on boot. So, the START payload(e.g. start_GodMode9.bin) now has to be booted with L+START instead of just START.
Personally, I'd like to see that the other way around.

And I really think having the splash screen show BEFORE it asks for a pin would be much more useful.

DudFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, I'd like to see that the other way around.

And I really think having the splash screen show BEFORE it asks for a pin would be much more useful.

I dunno about it being more useful but it would certainly be prettier and feel more like stock then modified which I would like, but you know what they say about beggar's and gift horse's :P

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I dunno about it being more useful but it would certainly be prettier and feel more like stock then modified which I would like, but you know what they say about beggar's and gift horse's :P
Thing is, I have an anti-theft splash screen, so its kind of useless after the pin entry.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Ahh well that makes more sense, is there any reason why CFW displays after Pin-Lock?Maybe ask Aurora Wright if it can be changed?
No clue, but the option for before or after would/should be an easy option to squeeze in there

Matalan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Disclaimer: this is my first post in these forums, apologies in advance if this is not the right thread for this post.
One Piece - Fight Together Splash Screen
version A (static)
i2xsruy.png

n3qoXdh.png

View and download on 3dsthem.es

BootAnim9 version
giphy.gif

n3qoXdh.png

Download from mega (.rar)(25.9mb, 3/3/2017)

Alternate Bottom
bE56qjZ.png

Download from mega (.bin)(225kb, 3/5/2017)
Decryption Key: Ljaaz6cHSoY_WVIDnK2c3KvBhlSP2C3s5k6kBir49V0​

Splash Screen Button Layout
template by Nocturnize
w6H569B.png

xMPrpeA.png

Download from mega (.psd)(873 kb, 5/9/2017)​

For anyone using Photoshop, the .PSD file is extremely easy to edit and adapt to your 3DS version. Everyone else, feel free to hit me up and I'll personalize it myself for you whenever I'm free.

About me:
Previously known as a particular soul without a proper name, Nocturnize is the nickname I've decided to take upon. It is based off Hi-Rez Studios' interpretation of Nox, goddess of night, as seen in the game SMITE.

I'm using the animated version on my N3DSXL 11.3. It's about ~12 seconds long, but don't forget skipping is available by pressing R + Start at the same time during its playback. Otherwise, it's truly a beauty to look at.
I would really appreciate if you could do a top screen with just the logo and a bottom screen but with the dpad having NONE around it.
Regards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-