Homebrew Major problem with N3dsXL following 3DSguide

ManitoCC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Failing to install a CFW would have simply not booted. It won't have effected the games being installed. Most likely the tickets or the CIA were the problem. Or your SD card wasn't prepared to install game, which is an easy fix. Simply visiting the eShop and letting it prepare the SD card will fix that.
Upload the crash_dump_00000000.dmp, it's telling you were to find it.

I cant upload the crash_dump because there is no file or folder.

The only dump folder i find was on luma folder but its empty.

Another curious thing that its happening, its the a9hl folder, i put the files in it, but after i remove from the computer the files disapear!!

So i tried copying the files trough wifi via 3ds and copyed the files there, after that e turned off the 3ds and power it on with start holding and the same error occurs! So i connected the 3ds to the pc using wifi and the files that i just put in the a9hl folder simply are gone again!

Im starting to think that it may be the sdcard that as a problem..

I will format other card iv got here 8gb and see if the missing files fenomenon continues. If it does, then the pc must have someting against those specific files.

I cant even update the arm9loderhax to see if it fix the issues.

P.S. And why the soundhax stop working? Its driving me crazy....

Last edited by ManitoCC,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I cant upload the crash_dump because there is no file or folder.

The only dump folder i find was on luma folder but its empty.

Another curious thing that its happening, its the a9hl folder, i put the files in it, but after i remove from the computer the files disapear!!

So i tried copying the files trough wifi via 3ds and copyed the files there, after that e turned off the 3ds and power it on with start holding and the same error occurs! So i connected the 3ds to the pc using wifi and the files that i just put in the a9hl folder simply are gone again!

Im starting to think that it may be the sdcard that as a problem..

I will format other card iv got here 8gb and see if the missing files fenomenon continues. If it does, then the pc must have someting against those specific files.

I cant even update the arm9loderhax to see if it fix the issues.

P.S. And why the soundhax stop working? Its driving me crazy....
How far did you make in into the guide before trying to install CIAs?
And did you check to see if your SD card is corrupt? Because files don't just go missing, unless you deleted them.

ManitoCC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got stuck on dumping the health&safety thing.
Im gona use a diferent card, im finishing the format with fat32format and try to see if it at least loads decrypt9 so i can restore the nand backup.

ManitoCC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it appears that i have bought a fake samsung evo 32gb card:angry: from amazon, dammit, i´m using a 8gb sd card that got here and voilá, can load hourglass, successfully dumped hs.app, injected fbi, and now will proceed to complete the guide. God dammit, it was the card all the long...

Thanks friend for helping me, ill post the results after i finished the guide.

One more thing, ill buy a new card (bigger one) in order to preserve the cfw, can i just move the files from the sd card im using now to the new one, or its more complicated than that?

Edit: Its working!!!

Last edited by ManitoCC,
Reactions: jtvjan and x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it appears that i have bought a fake samsung evo 32gb card:angry: from amazon, dammit, i´m using a 8gb sd card that got here and voilá, can load hourglass, successfully dumped hs.app, injected fbi, and now will proceed to complete the guide. God dammit, it was the card all the long...

Thanks friend for helping me, ill post the results after i finished the guide.

One more thing, ill buy a new card (bigger one) in order to preserve the cfw, can i just move the files from the sd card im using now to the new one, or its more complicated than that?

Edit: Its working!!!
Glad you got it all worked out! God those fake cards are annoying. Sometimes I'll troubleshoot with someone for over an hour, and then it was just a fake card the whole time.

The thing is, it's happens so rarely that you never expect it.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Food for thought: People need to stop buying SD cards online unless it's from the manufacturer they are dirt cheap. You can get a 16Gb Sandisk from a local department store for like $10.

ManitoCC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The fun part is, i bought from amazon thinking that would be safe, guess i was wrong, at least i got the refund i requested.
Went to a shopping mall today, and bought a class 10 64gb toshiba microSDXC UHS-I Card with sd adapter for 21€. And so far, its working like a charm on my new3dsxl :)

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Food for thought: People need to stop buying SD cards online unless it's from the manufacturer they are dirt cheap. You can get a 16Gb Sandisk from a local department store for like $10.
Amazon is a trusted retailer so long as you are buying one shipped and sold by Amazon. Local retailers aren't magically better.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mean they were, but it's easily less of a chance regardless not to mention the return process if it turns out to be fake. Just an opinion.
I disagree that there's less of a chance, and Amazon's return process is easy if you have a printer and a mailbox. The issue is a lot less "online vs. local" and more "trusted vs. untrusted". If you don't trust the seller or it looks like it is too cheap to be true, you might have a bad time.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I disagree that there's less of a chance, and Amazon's return process is easy if you have a printer and a mailbox. The issue is a lot less "online vs. local" and more "trusted vs. untrusted". If you don't trust the seller or it looks like it is too cheap to be true, you might have a bad time.
It's a lot easier to walk back into a shop than it is to work out how to make a complaint and how to post back the faulty product if you've never done it before, plus trying to talk to robots by email means it may take a long time to even get them to agree to a refund or a free return (with then paying for postage). If unlucky maybe you may have to pay for postage.
Compare that to walking into a shop and saying "hey this doesn't work" and being able to speak to a human being who will say, "sorry m'am here's a refund". And you're finished in two minutes.
They'd also be more likely to have fakes than a brick and mortar shop. This is cause they will get less complaints than a brick and mortar shop because of the difficulty. So the average cost to them for returns per fake product sold is lower. For a brick and mortar shop making a complaint is so easy that nearly every fake would be returned and it would not make economical sense to sell them, as it would cost more than they saved.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the unlikely event I got a fake SD from Amazon, I'd be able to return it with about 3 clicks, print out a shipping label real quick, tape it back up, and stick it in the mailbox. Don't have to go anywhere, just put on a pair of slippers maybe.

For sketchier places, sure, returning something online is probably annoying. With Amazon? Nope.

Maybe it's more difficult where the OP lives, but it's certainly easy as fuck here in the US.

Last edited by Cuphat,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
In the unlikely event I got a fake SD from Amazon, I'd be able to return it with about 3 clicks, print out a shipping label real quick, tape it back up, and stick it in the mailbox. Don't have to go anywhere, just put on a pair of slippers maybe.

For sketchier places, sure, returning something online is probably annoying. With Amazon? Nope.

Maybe it's more difficult where the OP lives, but it's certainly easy as fuck here in the US.
Anyone without experience won't know what those three clicks are. But 100% of people know how to walk into a shop.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really?

amazon_return.png

Alright, sure, if you can't figure out the arcane way to return something on Amazon, you probably shouldn't order anything online.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

No, he lives in Portugal and so do I, I purchase from Amazon Spain and it works exactly the same way as there minus the same day shipping option.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game