Hacking MAJOR problem with R4DS!!!!!

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so do i need to delete this USRCHEAT.DAT file on my card before i do anything?

So all I have to do is this right....?

1) place clean DQ5 rom onto root of my R4
2) copy "cheat.dat(UE)" into system folder

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
by the way I get my clean roms from *removed* is that ok? I just noticed in their star rating next to that game it has 0 stars so maybe there is something wrong with that rom?

chamucost20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not really, that rating you're talking about must be to rate how good the game is and has nothing to do with the quality of the ROM. As for the cheat file, just replace whatever is in your system folder be it USRCHEAT.DAT or CHEAT.DAT.

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well the USRCHEAT.DAT was in the root of my R4. I just deleted it anyway.

So now I am currently putting both clean roms onto the root of my cart and when that is done I'm gonna put the cheat.dat(UE) into my system folder.

Thats all I have to do right?

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kudos to the helpers in this thread.

this guy is pretty much a lost cause.

i mean, how many times did you need to post the exact same information before it clicked with him? i counted 4, might have been 3.

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweenish how can you say I am a lost cause. I was doing exactly as it said in 3 methods including yours.

Now I have started afresh if it works this time then obviously I had files on my R4 before interfering with it or in the wrong place etc.

As regards to the ds_menu.dat nobody mentioned just "copy+paste". I was clicking extract and choosing root and it was automatically placing the englisg folder at the root. I had to figure that out myself.

Ill let you know in a minute whether it works as I am trying out DQ5 and chrono trigger now (clean rom+cheat.dat your method again sweenish and i promise i am doing nothing different this time)

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YAY....the ship is docking now on DQ5 so I presume chrono trigger time gate wont freeze now.

Thanks for everyone who helped me with this and I am convinced that deleting everything and starting over made a difference. There must have been some files on the R4 interfering with yhour method because I just did the exact same simple thing you said only this time its working.

Thanks.

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
also just for future reference will any rom with anti piracy (that is fixed with cheat code) work from now on?

I heard some roms HAVE to be patched so I'l deal with that later but as for roms that can work with a cheat code....will they all work now that I have done this or do I have to replace the cheat code every time?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hrm.

It depends if the codes are in your cheat.dat.

If you downloaded a new and properly updated version of cheat.dat...yes, all the games that have anti piracy that are capable of being bypassed with cheat codes >should< work.

New games however that require anti piracy cheat codes, will need you to update your cheat.dat or add the cheat manually, obviously

It all depends on where/who you got your cheat.dat from..and how recently it was updated.

You don't have to replace the cheat.dat everytime. Unless it's a new game that requires an anti-piracy cheat code that your cheat.dat isn't updated to yet.

Assuming your cheat.dat is current and updated with the anti-piracy codes properly - you only need to replace or manually add for new games. (eg: games that just came out)

Does this answer you question? I'm confused for some reason.

Thank you for saying thanks to the people that helped you. Makes all the difference when asking for basic help like this.

nezkeys79 said:
Sweenish how can you say I am a lost cause. I was doing exactly as it said in 3 methods including yours.

Now I have started afresh if it works this time then obviously I had files on my R4 before interfering with it or in the wrong place etc.

As regards to the ds_menu.dat nobody mentioned just "copy+paste". I was clicking extract and choosing root and it was automatically placing the englisg folder at the root. I had to figure that out myself.

You weren't doing exactly as they said...just to be fair. They were asking you to extract the contents of the 'English' folder to the root of your sdcard and you were extracting the English folder itself. It's ok though..this is how you learn.
smile.gif

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nezkeys79 said:
The extract option was automatically placing the english folder on the root.

QUOTE(nezkeys79 @ Mar 18 2009, 09:01 AM) no, I was extracting the files inside not the english folder itself

do you see yourself lying?

had you listened to these people and checked to make sure you did it right (HINT: you didn't), it would have been a 3 post thread instead of a three page thread.

but let's not forget the fact that this thread or your other one shouldn't have existed in the first place.

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im not lying know what I did.

You said extract the contents of the folder not the folder itself so I extracted the 4 files together to start off with then seperatly. On both occasions it just placed the english folder on my root. Never once did I do this ENGLISH>extract.

It only worked when I copied and pasted them and no-one mentioned that I had to figure it out myslf as usual.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you mean figure out that you were doing it wrong?

there is nothing wrong with the directions anyone gave you. you just couldn't listen.

also, i said nothing in this thread. it was three or five other people telling you the exact same thing, and you failing.

and i hardly call two separate threads "figuring it out yourself." in fact, that's quite the opposite. don't even think that you figured anything out yourself. you were told EXACTLY what was supposed to be in the root, and you couldn't even do that right until like your fourth try.

jd506

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweenish said:
you mean figure out that you were doing it wrong?

there is nothing wrong with the directions anyone gave you. you just couldn't listen.

also, i said nothing in this thread. it was three or five other people telling you the exact same thing, and you failing.

and i hardly call two separate threads "figuring it out yourself." in fact, that's quite the opposite. don't even think that you figured anything out yourself. you were told EXACTLY what was supposed to be in the root, and you couldn't even do that right until like your fourth try.

Wow, gtfo. You help no one, and have nothing useful to say.

I'd say reformat using the Panasonic SD Formatter before you do anything.

It'll set the correct allocation unit size according to your SD card size.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, from the shows website?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: who is lizzo?